Premed 101 Forums

Any benefit to taking additional pre-requisite courses?

I don't know if my title makes too much sense, but basically, I'm asking if there's any benefit to taking an additional physiology credit more than what they ask.

For example, I have taken 2 physiology courses in my 2nd year, but I feel like I could improve my grade. Is there any benefit of taking a physiology credit this semester to 'improve' on those grades? Or should I just focus on increasing my GPA as much as possible with an easier course since I've satisfied the requirements?

I'm asking this in general for dentistry schools across Canada. If it varies from place to place, do you know how that would work?

Thanks!

They don't care if you take a million courses above the pre reqs. Taking a physiology course that's complementary to the previous one won't boost your gpa, they will account it as a new course by its own. Best thing to do is to take an easier course that you're willing to put work into .

17 hours ago, WE WUZ KANGZ said:

Yeah they don't care man. Your best be is to fulfill the pre reqs as well as you can and then go take Intro to Turning on your Computer 101 and How to hold a Fork 201. 

Are you sure??? I heard from the grapevine that they actually prefer it if you took more prereq courses

Archived