Premed 101 Forums
Health_in_Perspective90

McMaster Interview Invites/Regrets 2018

31 minutes ago, YLA007 said:

Time stamp: January 10, 2:38 pm

Invite/Reject: Reject (MD)

GPA: 3.98 (UG - 4 year) 

CARS: 129

Casper: Really unsure, I think I answered correctly but only a couple sentences for each question.

OOP

RE: your CASPer. You definitely want more substantial answers than that. If you must, focus on only one or two of the questions. They're not supposed to penalize you for not answering all the questions. Just answer as many as you can the best you can. You might also want to get someone to evaluate your practice answers. If you have any CASPer prep questions  PM me.

3 hours ago, YLA007 said:

Time stamp: January 10, 2:38 pm

GPA: 3.98 (UG - 4 year) 

CARS: 129

Casper: Really unsure, I think I answered correctly but only a couple sentences for each question.

OOP

I know how you feel. After 30 years, I've had only compliments on how I deal with various social situations, but my CASPer clearly killed my application. I've come to realize that it is in fact a test which you have to beat, regardless of what they want to make you beleive.

12 hours ago, Persephone said:

RE: your CASPer. You definitely want more substantial answers than that. If you must, focus on only one or two of the questions. They're not supposed to penalize you for not answering all the questions. Just answer as many as you can the best you can. You might also want to get someone to evaluate your practice answers. If you have any CASPer prep questions  PM me.

9 hours ago, jul059 said:

I know how you feel. After 30 years, I've had only compliments on how I deal with various social situations, but my CASPer clearly killed my application. I've come to realize that it is in fact a test which you have to beat, regardless of what they want to make you beleive.

Thanks for your comments, appreciated!

I don't think my CASPer totally killed my app, I forgot to mention here that I did get a McGill interview with my CASPer. It's just that I think it could have been much better and was not representative of my abilities to respond appropriately in real-time situations. I am a mature student and never learned how to type, and although I'm working on it now, it's just a bit harder to pick it up in your thirties.... I'm a bit put off by a test that supposedly measures one thing but is so dependant on one's ability to type quickly. That's all. Being OOP doesn't help with this school either. Thanks guys!

Sorry for the late post.

TIME STAMP: January 10, 2018 @11:17 AM PST
Interview Invite or Regrets: Interview
GPA: 3.87
MCAT: 129 CARS
Casper: Felt very rushed and didn't have time to complete any of my answers. Tried to incorporate various perspectives and practiced with a few questions in the week prior. 
Geography: IP

Didn't expect to have an interview, so I'm pleasantly surprised and sincerely grateful for the opportunity.

Very late to post, but for reference:

Time stamp: Jan 10, 9:28AM

Invite/Reject: Invite (MD)

GPA: 3.81 (UG - 4th year) 

CARS: 131

Casper: I don't remember super well but I think it went fine (I type very quickly, which I think helped me at least relax a bit)

IP

TIME STAMP: Wed, Jan 10 at 2:22PM

Invite/Reject: Invite (MD)

GPA: 3.69 (US Undergrad)

CARS: 132

Casper: Thought I did horribly 

Sorry for the late post, and will be withdrawing app here. Good luck to everyone. 

2 hours ago, Serendi said:

TIME STAMP: Wed, Jan 10 at 2:22PM

Invite/Reject: Invite (MD)

GPA: 3.69 (US Undergrad)

CARS: 132

Casper: Thought I did horribly 

Sorry for the late post, and will be withdrawing app here. Good luck to everyone. 

Oh did you get in somewhere else?

On 1/10/2018 at 2:53 PM, egg said:

Time stamp: 2:48pm

GPA: 4.00

CARS: 125

Casper: OK

=( expected

got rejected with a GPA of 4 it is crazy. How do people manage a 4 gpa. 

On 1/10/2018 at 4:23 PM, notacliche said:

First time poster here. Just want to contribute to the body of data that I often trawled in hopes of determining my chances in the past.... Kudos to all the invitees and good luck to all!

Invite/Reject: Reject

GPA: 3.72

CARS: 127

CASPer: Felt quite good: honest, articulate, sizeable and complete answers to all questions. But, not good enough to counterbalance lower GPA and CARS evidently! Who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IP, NTP, grad

students with your GPA have gotten in, maybe it was the casper exam

Super late to the game, but just thought I'd drop it here for data purposes.

Time Stamp: 2:21 PM

Invite/Reject: Invite

GPA: 3.39

CARS: 132

CASPer: Felt okay but I second guessed it a lot.  I'm a fast typer and a non-traditional applicant (very late 20s, Arts Student, management job and activist volunteering) so think the varied life experience helped.  

In Province, no grad school.

On 2018-04-11 at 0:37 PM, random_dent said:

Super late to the game, but just thought I'd drop it here for data purposes.

Time Stamp: 2:21 PM

Invite/Reject: Invite

GPA: 3.39

CARS: 132

CASPer: Felt okay but I second guessed it a lot.  I'm a fast typer and a non-traditional applicant (very late 20s, Arts Student, management job and activist volunteering) so think the varied life experience helped.  

In Province, no grad school.

congrats! and your CARS is the main reason you got in!

On 12/21/2018 at 1:49 PM, SweetNothing said:

For Macmaster interviews, do you get to pick your time/day? 

You should have picked the day by this time. Interviews are coming out next week. This year they are on march 23rd, 24th and the 30th.