Premed 101 Forums
Donald_Duck

New Requirement for uOttawa

I wish I visited this post in January :( I just saw this requirement on UOttawa’s website....

What’s the best option for pre-reqs below B? And is it still considered full time studies if you have 5 courses in a term and 3 in the other (24 creds total)?

On 3/24/2018 at 3:20 PM, Maggie19 said:

If we're applying for the next cycle and we're missing a prereq (I passed the course but I got lower than the required mark), can we take it next year during the application cycle?

Yah you can

On 3/24/2018 at 9:58 AM, biochem4 said:

I wish I visited this post in January :( I just saw this requirement on UOttawa’s website....

What’s the best option for pre-reqs below B? And is it still considered full time studies if you have 5 courses in a term and 3 in the other (24 creds total)?

unfortunately no :(

Goodness. Got all the rest but 70% on the dot for orgo. Does it for sure have to be 3.0/4.0 (it didn't say it on the website but I'm assuming OP said it since B at Ottawa = 3.0)?
A 3.0 under my school's column on OMSAS requires 73-76% :( The fact that it says 70% for CEGEP orgo makes me feel like I was so close yet so far. Hopefully by the time I apply, they start implementing something like McGill where MCATs are considered in lieu of prereq performance to prove I can do science -_-

Also, can anyone confirm OP's assumption that when it comes to repeats, it would be most recent? Anyone ask adcom if it's more recent/higher/avg of the 2 attempts? 

2 minutes ago, shortie said:

Goodness. Got all the rest but 70% on the dot for orgo. Does it for sure have to be 3.0/4.0 (it didn't say it on the website but I'm assuming OP said it since B at Ottawa = 3.0)?
A 3.0 under my school's column on OMSAS requires 73-76% :( The fact that it says 70% for CEGEP orgo makes me feel like I was so close yet so far. Hopefully by the time I apply, they start implementing something like McGill where MCATs are considered in lieu of prereq performance to prove I can do science -_-

Also, can anyone confirm OP's assumption that when it comes to repeats, it would be most recent? Anyone ask adcom if it's more recent/higher/avg of the 2 attempts? 

I emailed uOttawa recently. I was told I need to repeat the pre preq that’s below B. 

So they take the second attempt, not the average of two attempts.

16 minutes ago, TheDarkPassenger said:

Hello,

I have a B- in a general chemistry course. The B- at my school is a "70-72%" according to my school's scale. However, on the OMSAS scale, it translates to 2.7. 

Does this mean it is not acceptable?

Thanks.

I asked Chantal a few weeks ago because my school's scale is completely different and she said it goes by the OMSAS scale :(