Premed 101 Forums

uOttawa Interview 2018 Discussion

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Invite/Rejection
Time Stamp: DD/MM/YYYY - XX:XX AM/PM
Stream: English, French, Aboriginal, French (OOP (not QC))
wGPA: on 4.0 OMSAS Scale
Current year:3rd year, 4th year, UG complete, Masters, PhD
ECs: Description at your discretion 

Casper: General thoughts

Invite/Rejection
Time Stamp: 
wGPA: 
Current year: 
ECs: 

Casper: 

Edited by rmorelan

38 minutes ago, SoraAde said:

That's what I thought too. I'm thinking we might hear back around the 25th.

Second this. I know that NOSM recently sent their invites nearly 2 or 3 weeks ahead this year (It was sent on the 10th!) so I honestly thought Ottawa had done the same thing when I saw this topic.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Imnewatthis said:

Are we supposed to get an email for rejection/interview? I only got the « do the Casper » email.

I didn't receive a "do the Casper email".  Have you finished your CASPER prior to your application?

Also, yes, we're suppose to receive en email for rejection/interview. I believe last year's subject line of the email was "Status of Application - Faculty of Medicine - University of Ottawa", which should hopefully come out this week!

5 minutes ago, Imnewatthis said:

Are we supposed to get an email for rejection/interview? I only got the « do the Casper » email.

You’ll get an email that tells you whether or not you have an interview. The invites and rejections come out on the same day, and hopefully it will be this week! My interview invite last year had “interview invite” or “invitation to interview” in the subject line. Good luck :)

4 minutes ago, HappyAndHopeful said:

You’ll get an email that tells you whether or not you have an interview. The invites and rejections come out on the same day, and hopefully it will be this week! My interview invite last year had “interview invite” or “invitation to interview” in the subject line. Good luck :)

Just for clarification, that subject line was for the 2016/2017 cycle (for the class of 2021)? Just wanted to make sure since I know the 2015/2016 cycle email subject was something along status of application - faculty of medicine - University of Ottawa based on info I found on the forum.

Cheers

30 minutes ago, LUUO said:

Just for clarification, that subject line was for the 2016/2017 cycle (for the class of 2021)? Just wanted to make sure since I know the 2015/2016 cycle email subject was something along status of application - faculty of medicine - University of Ottawa based on info I found on the forum.

Cheers

Yes, mine was for the class of 2021.  The subject line was "Invitation to interview - Faculty of Medicine - University of Ottawa".  Regardless of the subject line though, the emails are sent on the same day, and it's the content of the email that counts.  And they may very well change the subject line from year to year anyways, so I wouldn't read too much into it. :) 

1 minute ago, HappyAndHopeful said:

Yes, mine was for the class of 2021.  The subject line was "Invitation to interview - Faculty of Medicine - University of Ottawa".  Regardless of the subject line though, the emails are sent on the same day, and it's the content of the email that counts.  And they may very well change the subject line from year to year anyways, so I wouldn't read too much into it. :) 

Cheers! Hopefully the invites come out around the same date or this week.

On 1/21/2018 at 0:50 PM, HappyAndHopeful said:

This may sound trivial, but just want to confirm that the email is being sent via the admissmd@uottawa.ca email. I received an email from them earlier (Not an invite unfortunately, those come out later apparently) and it didnt even go to my spam, my school spam filter just blocked it completely..was hoping to add the email to a filter if thats the case.  Also, do you happen to know if the email is sent by someone specific (such as Diane or Renaud) or the email just isn't signed.  1 week to go! Thanks again for your help.

31 minutes ago, LUUO said:

This may sound trivial, but just want to confirm that the email is being sent via the admissmd@uottawa.ca email. I received an email from them earlier (Not an invite unfortunately, those come out later apparently) and it didnt even go to my spam, my school spam filter just blocked it completely..was hoping to add the email to a filter if thats the case.  Also, do you happen to know if the email is sent by someone specific (such as Diane or Renaud) or the email just isn't signed.  1 week to go! Thanks again for your help.

Yes, it came from the admissmd email address! Are you able to add that email address to your safe senders list? That may prevent it from being blocked as spam. I’m not sure who it was signed by as I don’t have that email account on my phone anymore, unfortunately. No problem! I won’t say the week will go by fast, because I remember it dragging on last year. :P But you guys are in the homestretch, and at least you know what day to expect them! Good luck! :) 

Interesting and slightly disappointing that it will be so late. Considering interviews for those travelling usually occur during reading week, this leaves less than a month’s notice to make arrangements. This drives up the price of accommodations and flights in a world where Skype could fill in. 

As the most expensive school of medicine in Canada, it just keeps mounting the barriers against those of lower class. With odds already against those with less money (think MCAT, MCAT prep, application fees etc), it’s a shame that the system seems to only be getting more classist. 

Pardon my rant I just thought the notification would come earlier this year and not later.

3 hours ago, EthicsForBreakfast said:

Interesting and slightly disappointing that it will be so late. Considering interviews for those travelling usually occur during reading week, this leaves less than a month’s notice to make arrangements. This drives up the price of accommodations and flights in a world where Skype could fill in. 

As the most expensive school of medicine in Canada, it just keeps mounting the barriers against those of lower class. With odds already against those with less money (think MCAT, MCAT prep, application fees etc), it’s a shame that the system seems to only be getting more classist. 

Pardon my rant I just thought the notification would come earlier this year and not later.

You don't seem to need any interview prep :P

They actually came out on the 24th. Considering reading week falls earlier this year as well, it’s about a week less time all things considered. It was bad to begin with is what I’m saying and it’s trending in a worse direction. I’m also not just targeting UOttawa, it just happens to be the school with which I have the most experience. Just because Queens is doing it too doesn’t make it acceptable.

Also flights change by the day, let alone a full week. 

• Leon pinned this topic