Premed 101 Forums

uOttawa Interview 2018 Discussion

2 hours ago, hwhit said:

So when I called I got a voicemail saying "on" Jan 29th. But I got an email that says "during the week of January 29th".... Who knows

I wouldn't be surprised if it came out this week. Not saying that it will, but med faculties are notorious for publishing late dates for these things (e.g. McGill, Mac). 

I'm skeptical as io whether they've actually been sent out. However, make sure to check your spam and/or junk. If you haven't recieved anything and it is in fact true, that's a good thing. With all of that said, I do remember schools usually sending out acceptances before rejections (but the difference is usually minutes to an hour or so). 

7 minutes ago, Neurophilic said:

I'm skeptical as io whether they've actually been sent out. However, make sure to check your spam and/or junk. If you haven't recieved anything and it is in fact true, that's a good thing. With all of that said, I do remember schools usually sending out acceptances before rejections (but the difference is usually minutes to an hour or so). 

It's very unlikely that everybody who has received an acceptance decided not to make a post about it, so the invites have almost certainly not gone out.

17 minutes ago, SoraAde said:

Most likely 10-11am. Thats what they said when somebody called on Thursday/Friday

In addition if you look at the 2016 invite thread, it came out around slightly before 10am, but 10-11am seems to be in the ball-park. 

Also, since this "invite" thread seems to be more about discussion instead of actual invites, perhaps we should create one unique for stats and this one could be for interview discussion or something else?  What do you think @rmorelan?

1 hour ago, LUUO said:

In addition if you look at the 2016 invite thread, it came out around slightly before 10am, but 10-11am seems to be in the ball-park. 

Also, since this "invite" thread seems to be more about discussion instead of actual invites, perhaps we should create one unique for stats and this one could be for interview discussion or something else?  What do you think @rmorelan?

I did change the thread name to do that - saves me from completely thrashing the thread later to get it in line :)

• Leon pinned this topic