Premed 101 Forums
maplesyruppoutine

uOttawa Interview 2018 Discussion

6 hours ago, LUUO said:

Less than a week to go! Any idea what the subject line for an offer of admission may be? I want to know if either a) I celebrate or b) start finishing off the supply from the LCBO I would probably have bought the night before. 

It will either be Congratulations!

Or an Update to your Application...something along those lines

And near the very last paragraph it may say "People in your position usually have not received an offer"

20 hours ago, NBgeegee17 said:

Usually, the subject line is pretty vague! I remember my year I thought I didn't get in because of it, but then I saw the beginning of the message content and it started with: Congratulations! So the emotions I went through in the span of 0.2 seconds was pretty intense!

Good luck to all of you! :)

Thank you! By any chance do you recall approximately how long you had to make a decision? Im just hoping we're given more than 24 hours to decide should we refuse multiple offers.  I heard around 2 weeks but would appreciate any insight!

43 minutes ago, LUUO said:

Thank you! By any chance do you recall approximately how long you had to make a decision? Im just hoping we're given more than 24 hours to decide should we refuse multiple offers.  I heard around 2 weeks but would appreciate any insight!

In the info session they said you have 2 weeks to make a decision, though they would appreciate if you respond sooner rather than later :P 

58 minutes ago, Monocyte said:

In the info session they said you have 2 weeks to make a decision, though they would appreciate if you respond sooner rather than later :P 

I completely forgot! Must be the fact I spent the week post-interview replaying my answers in my head :P.

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Monocyte said:

Just want to add to this that if you get in off the waitlist, it's one week. Good luck to everybody!! 

Last year acceptances were 7-730AMish

I think English stream was first, then 720-730 was French Stream

then English stream waitlist

then French stream waitlist 

And hoping that they do release Good/Bad waitlist - having 400 people on a waitlist can be very brutal and psychologically tormenting 

Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck for tomorrow! Remember to take lots of deep breaths, and plan something later in the day to look forward to, regardless of the result. No matter what the outcome is, I have no doubt that you’re all amazing and awesome people. You’ve got this! :D 

7 minutes ago, NBgeegee17 said:

Invites are starting to come out! :)

Any chance you mow the subject line of the offer of admission? Rather know if it’s obvious or I have to make the great effort of actually opening the email..good luck to all!

2 minutes ago, LUUO said:

Any chance you mow the subject line of the offer of admission? Rather know if it’s obvious or I have to make the great effort of actually opening the email..good luck to all!

Francophone version:

Statut de demande d'admission - Faculté de médecine - Université d'Ottawa

2 minutes ago, Eudaimonia said:

Accepted 6:51am English. Thanks Ottawa for sending out notifications early and getting it over with!

5 minutes ago, egg said:

ACCEPTED :D

6 minutes ago, GITG said:

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED AS WELL!!!!

8 minutes ago, Comprehensible said:

I got in to the English stream at 6:35am!

congratulations !!!