Premed 101 Forums

uOttawa Interview 2018 Discussion

1 hour ago, happybee said:

Got rejected (IP, OOO, wgpa3.93). My stats will probably be the same next year, should I even bother applying? EDIT: to clarify, applying to ottawa again

I got an invite with 3.92 (3.918) OOP English, no Masters/PhD. I have no pubs, and no crazy EC’s. I probably did well on CASPer. You can definitely get an interview if your GPA is higher than mine. Just work on your CASPer!

9 minutes ago, Comprehensible said:

I heard through the grapevine that people have been calling in, and that some of them did get interviews - it seems like a technical problem.

Not surprised - these bulk do it when you are gone approach seem to be prone to failure. 

Stressful for everyone - good luck for those that haven't got it yet if invites are in there as well!

35 minutes ago, trynabeadoc said:

Anyone still waiting for confirmation from admissions that they received our acceptance to the interview?

I don’t think they confirmed that they received our confirmation last year! I remember having a conversation about it on here, haha. As long as the email is in your sent box, you should be fine! :) 

17 minutes ago, HappyAndHopeful said:

I don’t think they confirmed that they received our confirmation last year! I remember having a conversation about it on here, haha. As long as the email is in your sent box, you should be fine! :) 

I did get an email confirming my confirmation ( sounds weird) this year. I think they're just a bit busy atm, so give it a day or two, and you'll probably hear back. 

19 hours ago, PD23 said:

Does anyone know the number of interviews this year and for how many seats?

Not sure if this helps - last year when I didn't receive an interview from Ottawa, the rejection email said they would interview approximately 575 people for 164 seats. I assume it would be roughly the same this year! This year however, the numbers weren't stated on my invite to interview, so I can't say for sure. :)

1 hour ago, Dr_dreaming said:

Not sure if this helps - last year when I didn't receive an interview from Ottawa, the rejection email said they would interview approximately 575 people for 164 seats. I assume it would be roughly the same this year! This year however, the numbers weren't stated on my invite to interview, so I can't say for sure. :)

4293 applicants of which they will interview approximately 575 for 164 positions (from the rejection email)

1 hour ago, Dr_dreaming said:

Not sure for the exact numbers, but is about 100 French Stream applicants and 475 for English stream.

For french stream I believe 48 get in out of 100

For English stream it is 116/75

Someone correct my numbers if I am wrong! 

16 minutes ago, Vendar said:

Not sure for the exact numbers, but is about 100 French Stream applicants and 475 for English stream.

For french stream I believe 48 get in out of 100

For English stream it is 116/75

Someone correct my numbers if I am wrong! 

I believe there are 90 french interviews with 48 spots reserved, with 8 of those spots being reserved CFNS (so 40 IP/OOP (QC)) spots, according to information @Donald_Duck provided. 

1 minute ago, Donald_Duck said:

That is correct there is only 40 spots, typically they interview about 90 for those.

Mr Duck

I'm slightly confused.  Are there only 40 spots for CFNS + French IP/OOP (therefore only 32 spots for IP/OOP)  or 40 spots for French IP/OOP + 8 spots reserved for CFNS for a total of 48? Thanks!

3 minutes ago, rittz1425 said:

Has anyone who received an interview invite received the e-mail with the interview day details? It was supposed to be sent out 24-48 hours after the invite, but I still haven't gotten it yet.

Haven't received anything either. Hang tight, they're probably still getting through the e-mails they received after invites went out.

• Leon pinned this topic