Premed 101 Forums

uOttawa Interview 2018 Discussion

1 hour ago, Vanderb said:

I'm so grateful for your fast reply, thanks for sharing your "interview trip" story. I'm sorry for what happened to you :( travelling takes up a lot of time and with a busy schedule it can be so difficult. What makes you think you screwed up 2 questions, if you don't mind sharing?

I'm sorry you feel like you screwed up your interview! :(

My first question caught me off guard and my answer didn't make any sense. For both questions I went in circles and stumbled on my words. I feel like I didn't even answer the question that the interviewer asked. My answers felt awkward.

19 minutes ago, Maggie19 said:

My first question caught me off guard and my answer didn't make any sense. For both questions I went in circles and stumbled on my words. I feel like I didn't even answer the question that the interviewer asked. My answers felt awkward.

I'm sure this is something many people who interviewed this year have in common.  I wouldn't worry about it too much since applicants are rated against each other, and everyone is experiencing the "same" interview.

@Vanderb Try not to worry about it too much (I know, I know, easier said than done) but I also felt like I majorly screwed up and felt quite nauseous for like an hour after my interview. I think that this is a very common feeling (feeling like you screwed up some questions), but there's nothing you can do now except wait! I am still trying to stop thinking about my bad answers even though I did my interview a few weeks ago, you're not alone in this. Hopefully everything will be positive for everyone of us here and we'll meet each other next year!

As someone who interviewed twice previously at Ottawa and thought I knew their style, I felt like this year's interview came completely out of left field and I was definitely caught off guard. 

I was definitely not expecting my set of questions and thought I handled some of the scenarios rather awkwardly. Who knows what the outcome will be. Good luck to everyone 

On 2018-03-25 at 3:50 PM, Maggie19 said:

I feel your pain regarding the first question, it caught me off guard. I was so nervous and felt like I was just rambling. Half way through the answer in my head I was like "what am I doing", paused, took a breath, and tried to recover and do damage control LoL. In their heads they were probably like "what is this person doing". 

8 minutes ago, Monocyte said:

I feel your pain regarding the first question, it caught me off guard. I was so nervous and felt like I was just rambling. Half way through the answer in my head I was like "what am I doing", paused, took a breath, and tried to recover and do damage control LoL. In their heads they were probably like "what is this person doing". 

That's exactly what happened to me!! Haha

I'm going crazy thinking about it .. especially since it may be my last chance because of the new requirement. I didn't get a B in my org chem lab :(

On 3/25/2018 at 10:34 PM, ol_saint_nick said:

As someone who interviewed twice previously at Ottawa and thought I knew their style, I felt like this year's interview came completely out of left field and I was definitely caught off guard. 

I was definitely not expecting my set of questions and thought I handled some of the scenarios rather awkwardly. Who knows what the outcome will be. Good luck to everyone 

I'm someone who has interviewed twice previously and I support this message.

1 hour ago, Morinphen said:

I wanna vomit thinking about how mine went

1 hour ago, mew said:

Same. I'm so upset at myself for blowing this opportunity :(

59 minutes ago, Maggie19 said:

Same :(

Guys I know it's easier said than done, but don't think about it. Actively keep yourself preoccupied with things you enjoy or that would improve your application next year. If you get bad results in May you'll have deserved time for coping. But don't do this to yourselves now when it could all be premature. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, LUUO said:

Less than a week to go! Any idea what the subject line for an offer of admission may be? I want to know if either a) I celebrate or b) start finishing off the supply from the LCBO I would probably have bought the night before. 

Usually, the subject line is pretty vague! I remember my year I thought I didn't get in because of it, but then I saw the beginning of the message content and it started with: Congratulations! So the emotions I went through in the span of 0.2 seconds was pretty intense!

Good luck to all of you! :)

6 hours ago, LUUO said:

Less than a week to go! Any idea what the subject line for an offer of admission may be? I want to know if either a) I celebrate or b) start finishing off the supply from the LCBO I would probably have bought the night before. 

It will either be Congratulations!

Or an Update to your Application...something along those lines

And near the very last paragraph it may say "People in your position usually have not received an offer"

20 hours ago, NBgeegee17 said:

Usually, the subject line is pretty vague! I remember my year I thought I didn't get in because of it, but then I saw the beginning of the message content and it started with: Congratulations! So the emotions I went through in the span of 0.2 seconds was pretty intense!

Good luck to all of you! :)

Thank you! By any chance do you recall approximately how long you had to make a decision? Im just hoping we're given more than 24 hours to decide should we refuse multiple offers.  I heard around 2 weeks but would appreciate any insight!

43 minutes ago, LUUO said:

Thank you! By any chance do you recall approximately how long you had to make a decision? Im just hoping we're given more than 24 hours to decide should we refuse multiple offers.  I heard around 2 weeks but would appreciate any insight!

In the info session they said you have 2 weeks to make a decision, though they would appreciate if you respond sooner rather than later :P