Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
med_ical

Medical schools that look at CARS only?

4 minutes ago, Monkey D. Luffy said:

Just to note about Calgary, they have a score for "global academic context" in which presumably the whole MCAT score is considered. Other than that, I think the only school that looks only at the CARS section is McMaster.

I didn't notice this, thanks. Do you think a resident of Ontario would likely have their entire MCAT score evaluated, or only CARS?

Calgary looks at the whole MCAT for every applicant. CARS is weighted at 10% of your score and global academic context is 10%. For the academic context they evaluate a number of things (probably things like your full MCAT score, difficulty of program, whether you worked while in school etc.). Calgary is very transparent about their admission statistics so you can go on their website and see the distribution of MCAT score for successful applicants. I believe the average in each section is approximately 127 but its been a while since I've seen that report.