Calgary Interview Invites/Regrets 2018

Please post only invites/regrets. 
Follow this format:

TIME STAMP: January 19 10:XX AM MST
Interview Date: TBA
Result: Invite!
wGPA: 4.0
MCAT: 123 CARS!!!
ECs: above average, but not anything outstanding (no pubs). I believe it was the way I wrote my Top 10 and got my points across. Pm me for more details. 
Year: BSc complete 
Geography : IP

I specifically wanted to post my stats so applicants don’t feel discouraged to apply with a very low CARS score.

TIME STAMP: January 19 10:37 MST

Result: Regrets

wGPA: 3.51

MCAT: 129 CARS

ECs: I think above average, but maybe not in this crowd! 

Year: BSc and MSc complete, final year of second undergrad (BA), non-trad

Geography: IP

I had an interview last year, and I thought I would be much more calm this year if given the opportunity to interview again, so I'm feeling pretty let down by the news, but I'm making my plans for next cycle already... persistence is key!

Result: Invite 

wGPA: 3.99

ECs: Average but I think I wrote the Top 10 well (as this is my third application cycle for UofC)

Year: BSc complete.

wGPA: 3.99

MCAT: 128 CARS

ECs: Thought they were pretty good, but I guess not good enough to set myself apart as an OOP applicant!

Year: 4th year UG

Geography: OOP (Ontario)

Congrats to those invited! Hoping for some good news in Ontario :D

TIME STAMP: Jan 19th 
Result: regrets
wGPA: 3.86
MCAT: 128 CARS
ECs: average
Geography : OOP (Ontario)

Thought I wrote the Top 10 well, but evidently not well enough to get an interview. This is my first application cycle, so we'll see where things go.

Date of Decision: Jan 19th 
Result: Invite
wGPA: 3.92
MCAT: 129 CARS
ECs: a mix of meaningful experiences from different parts of my life, about half were personal and non-academic
Year: 4th year UG
Geography : OOP

TIME STAMP: January 19 10:36 AM MST
Result: regrets
MCAT: 125 CARS
ECs: volunteering (diverse meaningful experiences, but some weren't long term), TAing, university sports team 
Year: 4th year BSc

TIME STAMP: January 19 10:28 MST

wGPA: 3.83

ECs: I find it difficult to measure this - however, I did put a lot of effort into writing my top 10.

Year: master's complete

TIME STAMP: January 19
wGPA: 3.8x
ECs: Diverse and varied, short and long-term, community and independent. Lots of work and volunteering, some but probably below average research experience. PM me for details if you'd like!
Geography : Non-Albertan (OOP)

TIME STAMP: January 19 10:28 AM
Interview Date: TBD
wGPA: 3.97
MCAT: 127 CARS
ECs: Lots of varied activities (some personal) and several long-term ones for Top 10. Lots of research (although no pubs.)
Year: 4th Year BSc.

For anybody looking at these forums for advice or an idea of how to approach applications in the upcoming cycles, all I would say is for you to make sure your top 10's mean something to you. It seems like a trivial piece of advice, but I'm convinced that you must really tell the school WHY it means something to you. What skills did you gain? Did you gain any insights which will help your development as an ethical, moral, and understanding person? Goodluck!

TIME STAMP: January 21 10:30 PM MST
Interview Date: N/A
wGPA: 3.83
MCAT: 128 (511 Total)
ECs: Above average (Captain of varsity team, ER trauma team shadowing-2 yrs, AHS OR Job, Tutoring, Autism Mentoring ect..)
Year: 3rd yr undergrad  

Not really sure where I went wrong here, may have been because I haven't finished a bachelor and my age (20) 

TIME STAMP: January 19 10:29 AM MST
Result: Invite
wGPA: 3.93
MCAT: 131 CARS
ECs: Significantly below average in my opinion.
Year: Fourth year BSc 

MCAT: 126 CARS
ECs: Average I think, hard to say. Mix of meaningful experiences and life events, volunteering, and academic experiences. Had publications and 2 summers of research, several academic awards, and 2 pretty good jobs (coaching for 3 years, coordinator of a program for kids with special needs) 
Year: 4th Year BSc 

This was my first time applying to UofC so I likely need to work on writing those Top 10s. CARS is low too, was hoping my ECs would make up for that!

Interview Date: February 25th 12:30pm
wGPA: 3.87
MCAT: 127 CARS
ECs: I have a wide range of ECs.  Multiple long-term volunteer positions, several of which I held leadership roles at. A couple of mentorship positions (one where I was the mentor, one where I was the mentee). 20 years playing classical piano and 15 years singing training and performing in choirs. VP in a club on campus at U of C. International volunteer trips that included group fundraising. Lots of travelling. No publications. Two jobs related to leadership in healthcare (plus a history of jobs working in medical clinics).
Year: BSc (honours) complete, MSc Immunology (Thesis-based) in progress. I applied to the LIM program.

This is my third time applying to U of C and my first interview, persistence is key :)

TIME STAMP: January 19

wGPA: 3.97 

MCAT: 131 CARS

ECs: Fairly diverse and interesting-ish but probably didn’t spend as much time as I should’ve writing them out, ah well

Geography: OOP

Interview Date: February 25th 12:30pm
MCAT: 130 CARS
ECs: These were likely weaker than the average applicant.
Year: 3rd Year UG
Geography: OOP

TIME STAMP: January 25 6:13PM
Interview Date: Feb 25th
ECs:  Mostly standard pre-med stuff--research, hospital volunteering, etc

Hi everyone, late to the game here!

TIME STAMP: January 19 9:14 AM MST
Interview Date: February 24
wGPA: 3.51 (yes, really)
ECs: Apparently above average. Standard research, volunteering, leadership etc. I also have lots of untraditional work experience, have studied abroad, done some other travel/research-related activities. What I think really set me apart was I that I used my Top 10 to talk about personal experiences and struggles I have had in my life, not just traditional premed things.
Year: 5th year BSc

All I can say is that I've spent the last week in complete shock that I actually got an invite. I thought with my extremely low wGPA that there was no chance in the world. For anyone with low stats feeling a bit hopeless about applications - don't give up!! Do everything you can to improve your stats, and beyond that use the rest of your application to your advantage. This was my first app cycle and I truly believe I got an interview because of my subjective "life experience" and the things I included in my Top 10.