Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, godsplan said:

Wow, so more than last year. Good to know, thanks! :)

well that would only be 3 more than last year. Plus, when i asked them they said they r currently looking for more applicants to get up to 76, but that they do Not have 76 interviewers yet. 

35 minutes ago, FiftyshadesofMD said:

Any idea what the class size is like ? And also, how many OOP max ? Is it gonna be like last year, aka 9 oop ? 

im pretty sure the class size is 30: 20 IP, 10 OOP. This is what the admissions emailed me: "The numbers may vary from year to year. We usually aim to offer about 20 seats to Quebec residents and 8 to 9 Non-Quebec Canadians/International applicants. We usually make more offers than the number of accepted candidates."

Hope this helps :)

2 minutes ago, Driillzz said:

im pretty sure the class size is 30: 20 IP, 10 OOP. This is what the admissions emailed me: "The numbers may vary from year to year. We usually aim to offer about 20 seats to Quebec residents and 8 to 9 Non-Quebec Canadians/International applicants. We usually make more offers than the number of accepted candidates."

Hope this helps :)

Awesome information! Thanks :) 

On 2018-01-24 at 0:15 PM, Driillzz said:

invited !!!! OMG SUPPPPPERR HAPPY !!

McGill equivalent GPA: 3.84

Extracurriculars: plenty, very diverse, helped in research, volunteered in hospitals, various jobs, etc.

IP

Congrats on your invite :) just saw your regret post in UBC invite topic and was wondering how are you IP for both schools ? :) 

1 hour ago, FiftyshadesofMD said:

Congrats on your invite :) just saw your regret post in UBC invite topic and was wondering how are you IP for both schools ? :) 

Haha well i was born in Qc  making me IP, and i am doing my undergrad at UBC, making me IP in BC too. I dont think i would have had the chance to be IP in 2 provinces if the schools had required another proof of residency but it seems like QC only requires a birth certificate from there and BC requires at least 2 years of study in the province. So i guess lucky me :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Driillzz said:

Haha well i was born in Qc  making me IP, and i am doing my undergrad at UBC, making me IP in BC too. I dont think i would have had the chance to be IP in 2 provinces if the schools had required another proof of residency but it seems like QC only requires a birth certificate from there and BC requires at least 2 years of study in the province. So i guess lucky me :rolleyes:

That’s cool :) hope your luck keeps working until the end of this cycle :) Good luck on your interview(s) :) 

On 2/1/2018 at 2:01 PM, Coronaxtra said:

Last year, the OOP interview waitlist moved to #5 (mainly due to UBC giving out offers before McGill even had the interviews). I don’t think that’s happening this year so I wouldn’t expect it to move much at all.

That is true! I think I was 4 or 5 because I received an email a week before the interviews last year to interview!

IMO, if you are OOP and you have an interview, your chances of getting in are really good!

About 30 people interview, and 9-10 get in and the wait list moves about 8-10 people!

Good luck to everyone on Feb 22! 

2 hours ago, Vendar said:

That is true! I think I was 4 or 5 because I received an email a week before the interviews last year to interview!

IMO, if you are OOP and you have an interview, your chances of getting in are really good!

About 30 people interview, and 9-10 get in and the wait list moves about 8-10 people!

Good luck to everyone on Feb 22! 

Do they have a separate waitlist for OOP?

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, DMDanon said:

Does anyone remember when the results come out? I think either this week or next Monday, but I don't remember the date they gave us?

u should read the other thread where we were talking about this specific topic. It seems like the target date is march 28th but no one is sure of exactly when the adcom will actually send out the results.

Archived