Premed 101 Forums

LMCC objectives

The problem is the objectives are comprehensive to the point of being almost useless.  Its been said here before, but really to study you need to go hard on OB, psych, peds and community health; maybe go over gen surg if you have more time.  Studying medicine is really low yield because its only 1/6 of the exam and its way too broad.

3 hours ago, goleafsgochris said:

The problem is the objectives are comprehensive to the point of being almost useless.  Its been said here before, but really to study you need to go hard on OB, psych, peds and community health; maybe go over gen surg if you have more time.  Studying medicine is really low yield because its only 1/6 of the exam and its way too broad.

Yeah, I agree. I remember part I for me being very heavy on obs and peds especially.

1 hour ago, F508 said:

Really? Where does it say that? @MDLaval

Really. We were told this last December during our mandatory "Synthèse" course. Now we have one single block, the exam isn't divided in blocks anymore where it adapted the difficulty level of the questions according with the candidate's performance.

On the exam's website it says that there's only one single block of questions now:

"The Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) component of the MCCQE Part I consists of 210 questions. The maximum time allotted for this component is four hours. You can flag questions, and return to those questions at any point during the MCQ portion of the exam.

All of the questions are presented in a single block. You may navigate freely between all of the MCQs."

Nice, it's only 1 section now! Ok, so the fact that it's a single block means that the questions can't get harder? Did they explicitly say that? I mean it could be an exam with multiple pages and as you go on to the next page, the level of difficulty adjusts.

On 25/01/2018 at 9:48 PM, F508 said:

Nice, it's only 1 section now! Ok, so the fact that it's a single block means that the questions can't get harder? Did they explicitly say that? I mean it could be an exam with multiple pages and as you go on to the next page, the level of difficulty adjusts.

Yes, we were specifically told that it doesn't adjust anymore when someone asked precisely about that.

One single block and you can go back to review/answer/change any question you want within the allowed time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived