Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview Invites/Regrets 2018

Time stamp: Tues, Feb 27, 2:42pm

Interview Date: March 24 (MD)

Result: INVITE!

cGPA: 3.91 (not eligible for wGPA)

MCAT: met cutoffs (509)

EC: lots of volunteering, working in hospitals, work with kids, some leadership, arts...

Essays: felt great about them. Put a lot of time and effort into them, made them very personal, and had a few people read them over

Year: graduated 2016

Geography: IP

SO happy about this!

Time Stamp: Feb 28, 1:44 pm EST (edit: put wrong time stamp)

Result: Invite

wGPA: 3.95

MCAT: C/P 126; CARS 129; B/B 129; P/S 128 (512)

ECs: ~8 years research (7 publications, 2 first authors; conference; various research awards and scholarships), >5 years hospital volunteering, >4 years sighted guide, >2 years tutoring, student societies, hobbies: art, recreational sports, and long distance running

Essays: Okay, I guess. Was in the process of completing my master's so I did my best with the available time I had. Tried to hit all points.

Year: Completed Master's (grad stream)

Geography: OOP

Holy cow! Mind blown! I was prepared to wait til next week for the next wave and a likely rejection so definitely wasn't expecting this. I went through the RSVP form like a robot, hit enter, and then immediately forgot if I pressed "Yes" or "No" for interview availability confirmation (after some mild breathing exercises I started to recover my lost memories, and I am fairly certain I clicked "Yes" lol). Methinks they might have finished some of the grad stream reviews! All the best to everyone still waiting and good luck at the interviews for those who've heard back!

Edited by gellycell
Put the wrong time stamp

4 hours ago, gellycell said:

Time Stamp: Feb 28, 1:44 pm EST (edit: put wrong time stamp)

MCAT: C/P 126; CARS 129; B/B 129; P/S 128 (512)

ECs: ~8 years research (7 publications, 2 first authors; conference; various research awards and scholarships), >5 years hospital volunteering, >4 years sighted guide, >2 years tutoring, student societies, hobbies: art, recreational sports, and long distance running

Essays: Okay, I guess. Was in the process of completing my master's so I did my best with the available time I had. Tried to hit all points.

Year: Completed Master's (grad stream)

Geography: OOP

Holy cow! Mind blown! I was prepared to wait til next week for the next wave and a likely rejection so definitely wasn't expecting this. I went through the RSVP form like a robot, hit enter, and then immediately forgot if I pressed "Yes" or "No" for interview availability confirmation (after some mild breathing exercises I started to recover my lost memories, and I am fairly certain I clicked "Yes" lol). Methinks they might have finished some of the grad stream reviews! All the best to everyone still waiting and good luck at the interviews for those who've heard back!

So was this Feb 27th or Fen 28th?

Sorry for the late post! 

Time Stamp: Feb 27, 2:43 pm EST 

Interview Date: March 25 (MD)

wGPA: 3.94

MCAT: 519 (above cutoffs)

ECs: Holistic :)

Essays: Focused on the CANmeds clusters

Year: 5th year

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

TIME STAMP: March 7 2:46 PM

Result: regret

cGPA: 3.80 (eligible for wGPA, but did not calculate, also graduate GPA was 4.0)

MCAT: 517

ECs: 1 papers (first author); 3 submitted (first author); 2 in preparation (first author), plenty of international conferences, >400 hrs hospital volunteering, teaching experience (graduate level, and community based), several awards, many awards, faculty-student joint committees, various community volunteering, etc.

Year: B.Sc. complete, defending Ph.D. thesis in May

51 minutes ago, itsMEME said:

TIME STAMP: March 7 2:46 PM

Result: regret

cGPA: 3.80 (eligible for wGPA, but did not calculate, also graduate GPA was 4.0)

MCAT: 517

ECs: 1 papers (first author); 3 submitted (first author); 2 in preparation (first author), plenty of international conferences, >400 hrs hospital volunteering, teaching experience (graduate level, and community based), several awards, many awards, faculty-student joint committees, various community volunteering, etc.

Year: B.Sc. complete, defending Ph.D. thesis in May

How!!! You have an amazing application!! 

1 hour ago, MomMDhopeful said:

Do you mean more rejections?

Oh I meant less coming up than Vlad might be thinking, since some rejections have already passed in February. In other words, the rejections have not just begun. Say there are 1000 rejections total, we might be expecting 700 to be announced the following weeks instead of the full 1000. Just some encouragement to sit tight until the waves of regrets pass! 

Time Stamp: March 8, 10:45 AM EST 

Interview Date: Switched to April 8

cGPA: 3.90 (wGPA 3.99)

MCAT: above cutoffs

ECs: Pretty diverse. PM for more details

Essays: Personal and related to CANmed clusters. Worked a good while on them

Year: Graduated. Working 

Just now, PD23 said:

Time Stamp: March 8, 10:45 AM EST 

cGPA: 3.90 (wGPA 3.99)

ECs: Pretty diverse. PM for more details

Essays: Personal and related to CANmed clusters. Worked a good while on them

Year: Graduated. Working 

Congrats! Do you mind sharing which interview date you were offered?

On 08/03/2018 at 3:14 PM, aquanaut said:

Time Stamp: March 8, 10:46 AM EST 

Interview Date: Sunday April 8

ECs: decent

Essays: good

Year: 4th year 

Extremely excited and grateful! 

Hey did you get your date switched to April 8 or did it come as April 8?