Premed 101 Forums

February 1 Transcript

7 minutes ago, EricLeman34 said:

It appears that the University of Alberta is one of the few medical schools in Canada that request an updated transcript to be sent in. Does anybody know how this impacts the decision process (i.e. are our first semester marks included into the cGPA calculation)?

Thanks!

Yep they are included 

9 minutes ago, dreamer12345 said:

Is the cGPA calculation that includes first semester marks used for interview decision or admission? @medbruh

Not 100% certain but from what I was told the medical school recalculates gpa using the first semester marks. I'd assume it is for the purposes of interview decision 

Last year, they came out shortly after 9 am MST on Monday, February 2.  Any bets for this Monday, January 29? But then again, invites were not sent out until Tuesday, February 9 in 2016.  I am going to play it safe and bet on Monday, February 5! ooooooohhhh, the wait!

Actually they came out at 8:04 AM MST to be exact!

In case anyone is panicking about transcripts not being in beartracks yet: mine was received 5 days ago but hasn't been put in the system yet, so it seems like it takes longer than 1-2 business days to add this stuff. That call to student connect saved me the cost of couriering a new transcript :P

Soooooo, I checked my med application and noticed this on Notice Details:

Hello! Please note that, as per the Applying to Medicine website, updated transcripts showing first term grades must be received AND processed by the Office of the Registrar by February 1, 2018. This is a firm deadline. If your cGPA currently does not appear please contact our office immediately at MDAdmissions@ualberta.ca to ensure there is nothing you have missed. Interview notifications are expected to be sent out the week of February 5, 2018; we complete this process as soon as we are able to. Communication regarding interview notifications and regrets are sent to UAlberta.ca email accounts ONLY.

I feel that I will not have to be constantly refreshing my email until next Monday!

Hang in there everyone! :)

Hi coffee :)  I am not 100% sure about U of A transcript processing.....but I think it is  "automatic" as you previously had to enter your Alberta education number on your application.   The best way to make sure that everything is OK on your app is to log into your Beartracks account and look on your "To Do" list.  If  your Fall grades are still not showing up on BearTRacks, I would definitely contact the U of A Registrar's office ASAP.  Good luck :)

5 hours ago, Livinalberta said:

Soooooo, I checked my med application and noticed this on Notice Details:

Hello! Please note that, as per the Applying to Medicine website, updated transcripts showing first term grades must be received AND processed by the Office of the Registrar by February 1, 2018. This is a firm deadline. If your cGPA currently does not appear please contact our office immediately at MDAdmissions@ualberta.ca to ensure there is nothing you have missed. Interview notifications are expected to be sent out the week of February 5, 2018; we complete this process as soon as we are able to. Communication regarding interview notifications and regrets are sent to UAlberta.ca email accounts ONLY.

I feel that I will not have to be constantly refreshing my email until next Monday!

Hang in there everyone! :)

"Communication regarding interview notifications and regrets are sent to UAlberta.ca email accounts ONLY." Does that mean that they won't send anything in the mail? 

1 hour ago, Hopelessmed said:

"Communication regarding interview notifications and regrets are sent to UAlberta.ca email accounts ONLY." Does that mean that they won't send anything in the mail? 

Interview invites are sent by email only. Final decision letters are mailed with feedback at the appropriate stage after you've been notified of the decision by email beforehand

21 hours ago, adhominem said:

Interview invites are sent by email only. Final decision letters are mailed with feedback at the appropriate stage after you've been notified of the decision by email beforehand

If you don't respond to the interview invitation that they send to your ualberta email- they send an e-mail to your gmail account asking you if you have any reason to not accept the invitation.  

21 minutes ago, sabrina96 said:

Forgot about the transcript requirement and just sent it just now by Fedex from Toronto. It won't arrive on time. If it's dated Jan 31 (or possibly Feb 1 if they send it tomorrow), but they won't accept it from what it sounds like. I'm so mad at myself for forgetting :/

I got conflicting information on this. The registrar--two different people in the registrar/admissions office--said it depends on the postmark. Then Kimberly said it's all about when it's received. Who knows..

Archived