Premed 101 Forums

MEM vs MMI

Elgar

Bonjour, l'an dernier j'ai passé les entrevues de médecine des universités francophones, que j'avais assez bien réussies, mais malheureusement pas assez par rapport à ma CRU pour être admise (j'étais en liste d'attente à l'UdeM). Maintenant, j'ai reçu une convocations aux entrevues de McGill (yé :D ) et je me demandais si globalement l'expérience des entrevues francophones et celle de McGill était similaire. Plus précisémment, est-ce que les stations sont du même type, sont-elles plus difficiles, plus déstabilisantes? je ne demande évidemment pas d'exemples concrets, mais simplement vos impressions générales si vous avez eu l'occasion de faire les 2 entrevues par le passé! Merci beaucoup :) 

McGill prefers to have you interact directly with actors in a range of scenarios rather than have you talk about what you would hypothetically do in said scenarios.

From what I've heard, the French schools like to pit you in stations where you are provoked by the interviewer. McGill doesn't. But don't expect the situations to be all rosy; many of them will have to be quite difficult and make you uncomfortable after all, otherwise everyone will pass with flying colors.

On 1/25/2018 at 11:45 AM, Bambi said:

Basically the same except that McGill will likely have one station where the scenario is totally off the wall or beyond your imagination.

haha How come ? Something like what would you do if you are ever abandoned in space ? 

Personnellement, j'ai fait les deux et j'ai préféré celle de McGill qui était plus attrayante et plus amusante. Oui des fois tu peux rencontrer des scénarios un peu étranges, mais ça reste quand même assez similaire à ceux des francophones avec des petits changements. Je me suis préparée pour les deux presque de la même manière sauf que pour McGill, j'ai suivi le type de scénarios qu'ils peuvent demander (qui sont d'ailleurs sur leur site) : https://www.mcgill.ca/caps/files/caps/guide_mmi-stations.pdf

Bonne chance ! 

7 hours ago, MEDusa said:

haha How come ? Something like what would you do if you are ever abandoned in space ? 

Try, if while visiting another planet, you encountered a living being that looks like a sofa speaking what sounds like gibberish. How would you communicate and what is the sex and age of this being. Explain your answer. 

I did not interview at McGill so this is pure imagination on my part. Your question is too simple, mine might seem to be unanswerable, lol.

4 hours ago, Ania008 said:

Personnellement, j'ai fait les deux et j'ai préféré celle de McGill qui était plus attrayante et plus amusante. Oui des fois tu peux rencontrer des scénarios un peu étranges, mais ça reste quand même assez similaire à ceux des francophones avec des petits changements. Je me suis préparée pour les deux presque de la même manière sauf que pour McGill, j'ai suivi le type de scénarios qu'ils peuvent demander (qui sont d'ailleurs sur leur site) : https://www.mcgill.ca/caps/files/caps/guide_mmi-stations.pdf

Bonne chance ! 

Merci pour le lien :)

9 hours ago, Bambi said:

Try, if while visiting another planet, you encountered a living being that looks like a sofa speaking what sounds like gibberish. How would you communicate and what is the sex and age of this being. Explain your answer. 

I did not interview at McGill so this is pure imagination on my part. Your question is too simple, mine might seem to be unanswerable, lol.

Tough question <_<  What leads you to the impression McGill MMI would be different then?

Well, I heard of questions that were totally off the wall and beyond imagination. Prepare yourself for the unexpected by being totally adaptable, remain calm, think logically and explain your thought processes. I only suggesting you might experience 1 question that is off the wall. Uncertainty & ambiguity are always with us, in our lives and as physicians, and you have to be able to deal with it in a non-stressed manner. In fact, you should deal with the MMI in a non stressed manner!

Archived