Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, premed_thr0waway said:

The trick is to assume Queens will already reject you. Did this for all the schools I applied to - the interviews I got became way more meaningful/surprising and those I didn't were expected so nothing lost :) Call it pessimistic but it works!! 

I fully understand what you're saying and I usually am that way. However,  when this is your 3rd cycle in the span of 4 years, it's your last Canadian school left, your top choice, and you interviewed there the last cycle you applied, you tend to have high hopes. Well that was a mouthful haha. 

Just now, cOtter said:

We're not important enough.. Sad :( 

Think of it this way, they don't want to ruin our WHOLE day, just our evenings. I guess this is going the 3rd school that sends out their decision as I TA a 4 hour lab (Mac, McGill, and now Queens). At least this way it doesn't affect my mood or teaching style. Honestly though, what is it with Wednesdays?

1 minute ago, Livinalberta said:

In 2106, 2017, emails were sent out in the afternoon.  In 2015, they were sent out in the morning!

Admissions did say invites/regrets would be sent out by the end of January.  It would be cruel if they did not release today!:o

You know what else is cruel, sending everyone rejections, even the successful applicants.OR sending out only rejections and you have to call the office to get an invite. Queens did it all.

5 minutes ago, Livinalberta said:

I am scared......  I have learned that just because you get an invite one year does not guarantee an invite for the next year.  I like to think I have become more resilient, but when it comes down to the day of learning your fate......it is nerve wracking.:rolleyes:

This is unrelated to the topic but have you been practicing with the Edmonton MMI group? LOL I saw that your location is Alberta

3 minutes ago, Livinalberta said:

What year was that????  Did you live and survive that experience?

Luckily no. Those instances were a few years back (2011 and 2013 I believe). Last I applied, they just sent rejections/invites straight to the spam folder somehow.... And Gmail deletes spam emails regularly.... 

Archived