Premed 101 Forums

Grad students 2018?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Eudaimonia said:

Wow! That is not what their website led us to believe but it's good news, if any

I think the site is referring to course based MSc. Also, having publications makes you more competitive (obviously lol) but in terms of GPA cutoff for applying research based MSc = grad applicant, thought many of us would be happy to hear this good news. Still waiting to hear back from UofT though. Pretty close to just assuming issa no lol.

7 minutes ago, MomMDhopeful said:

I think the site is referring to course based MSc. Also, having publications makes you more competitive (obviously lol) but in terms of GPA cutoff for applying research based MSc = grad applicant, thought many of us would be happy to hear this good news. Still waiting to hear back from UofT though. Pretty close to just assuming issa no lol.

Yes the course based MSc was clear but it seemed research based MSc really depended on your productivity. I'm not too sure if this even gives me any advantage since like most applicants to UofT, our GPAs are on the high side already due to their high expectations. 

But you have no reasons to lose hope yet! 

• 5 months later...
On 2/27/2018 at 4:26 PM, MomMDhopeful said:

I spoke with UofT. Even though I do not have any publications I will still be assessed as a grad applicant because I did a research MSc.

Hey there, I know I am late to the party here but im a current MSc student applying this cycle. The closest thing i have to a first author publication is a project that i am currently preparing that has not yet been submitted. it definitely wont be submitted before this october. I was wondering if you can give me more information on the conversation you had with U of T? did they full out tell you that you were assessed as a grad applicant? 

On 8/12/2018 at 11:50 AM, Angiogenesis95 said:

Hey there, I know I am late to the party here but im a current MSc student applying this cycle. The closest thing i have to a first author publication is a project that i am currently preparing that has not yet been submitted. it definitely wont be submitted before this october. I was wondering if you can give me more information on the conversation you had with U of T? did they full out tell you that you were assessed as a grad applicant? 

Archived