Premed 101 Forums
ahmadmz

When are interview invites/rejections coming out?

I definitely believe there is a greater time commitment for the review of the essay, but my understanding is that CASPer results are standardized. But please, adcom,  we are so anxious! At the end of the day, we have no choice but to wait and support our friends on PM101:)

15 minutes ago, ahmadmz said:

I guess tomorrow 

Yeah.... I am kinda thinking tomorrow or Monday as well.  I think blinkingprinterlight's phone call has alerted us that admissions is super busy and we may be lucky to be put out of our misery by tomorrow.  It is just soooooo painful!:(

46 minutes ago, insomnias said:

It would probably be appropriate to call if we don't get anything by 4 today :P

It would not be appropriate to call. They already said they would try to have emails sent out by today, and if not today, by early next week. We have this information, so I think it is best to let admissions just do their job.

I have stayed silent on this forum until recently but some of the comments prompted me to say a few words. I know it's difficult to have to go through all this waiting, but please try your best to relax everyone. The best thing that we all can do is to distract ourselves until the time comes. Time goes by much more quickly when you are not fixating on a future outcome. Easier said than done, I know, because I am in the same boat.

Go for a walk, spend time with friends, go to yoga, treat yourself to some delicious pho... and if the invites do not come today, plan something really fun this weekend. I say this as a mental health therapist by profession, who works specifically with people with anxiety. You will need to practice those distress tolerance and self-care skills if you get into medical school.

Yeah, the website says: " We are working our hardest to get interview notifications out as soon as possible. They will likely go out early in the week of February 12, 2018. "

So, let's take a poll. Who thinks it'll happen on February 14? :D