Premed 101 Forums

When are interview invites/rejections coming out?

1 hour ago, sw604 said:

It would not be appropriate to call. They already said they would try to have emails sent out by today, and if not today, by early next week. We have this information, so I think it is best to let admissions just do their job.

I have stayed silent on this forum until recently but some of the comments prompted me to say a few words. I know it's difficult to have to go through all this waiting, but please try your best to relax everyone. The best thing that we all can do is to distract ourselves until the time comes. Time goes by much more quickly when you are not fixating on a future outcome. Easier said than done, I know, because I am in the same boat.

Go for a walk, spend time with friends, go to yoga, treat yourself to some delicious pho... and if the invites do not come today, plan something really fun this weekend. I say this as a mental health therapist by profession, who works specifically with people with anxiety. You will need to practice those distress tolerance and self-care skills if you get into medical school.

Well said. As much as I like the mini updates, constantly thinking about it/calling for updates just increases stress while annoying/delaying the admissions team.

7 minutes ago, insomnias said:

Yeah, the website says: " We are working our hardest to get interview notifications out as soon as possible. They will likely go out early in the week of February 12, 2018. "

So, let's take a poll. Who thinks it'll happen on February 14? :D

See y'all next week, something to (hopefully) wait for on Valentines day aha ^_^

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, insomnias said:

Yeah, the website says: " We are working our hardest to get interview notifications out as soon as possible. They will likely go out early in the week of February 12, 2018. "

So, let's take a poll. Who thinks it'll happen on February 14? :D

Something to look forward to on Valentine's day ;) Hopefully some love haha

Not really sure, where do we look to see if we got an invite? what is the "UofA email account"?! Is that the same as the account that says "decision pending"?

Sounds like the invites are not out, but just curious where to look as I don't see a typical "email account".  Thanks!

1 minute ago, hockey said:

Not really sure, where do we look to see if we got an invite? what is the "UofA email account"?! Is that the same as the account that says "decision pending"?

Sounds like the invites are not out, but just curious where to look as I don't see a typical "email account".  Thanks!

You have a Gmail account for applications with the same login info as your bear tracks account 

Koopatroopa.  I hope that everything works out the best for you!:)

BTW. I just checked my med app interview notifications Update:  when I click on "more" it goes to this....."

An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again or contact us with the date and time of this message for further assistance."

I wonder if admissions is updating this to let us know that invites may not come out until the end of the week?

Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

Update!

IT is back to: 

We are working our hardest to get interview notifications out as soon as possible. They will likely go out early in the week of February 12, 2018.

1 hour ago, cardiac_arrest said:

I saw a few other posts about this in this thread, but I didn't understand the answers. Are we being emailed about interviews or does the notification show up somewhere? On beartracks I just get the message that "This application requires action" because they're asking for my transcripts by June 2018.

You will get an email on your university of Alberta Gmail account 

1 hour ago, cardiac_arrest said:

I saw a few other posts about this in this thread, but I didn't understand the answers. Are we being emailed about interviews or does the notification show up somewhere? On beartracks I just get the message that "This application requires action" because they're asking for my transcripts by June 2018.

lol mine doesnt. it's still pending............ :(

Happy Valentines Day!  U of A...please show us some luv!

13 hours ago, cardiac_arrest said:

Good morn cardiac_arrest.  I think that you are trying to find out more info regarding your U of A email account?  If you are not a student at U of A, (I am not), one had to start a primary application with the U of A.  Now I am going back a couple years, but I believe that you had to create an email through this primary application.  Once the application was processed, then you were able to access the secondary application to medicine.  Med Admissions uses your U of A google email account for all correspondence.  They do not send to any other email.  You would have received your receipt of application and any further instructions through your new U of A email. This is the email that you will receive your invite:) to interview.

I hope this info helps.  Please any other PMers, if I missed something please chime in.

Again, good luck to everyone.  This is a journey!

The cost of a flight to Edmonton for that weekend just went up to $2k for me, so I'm not even sure if I want to get an interview anymore...

Anyways, to access your U of A email, go to gmail.com and sign in with CCID@ualberta.ca (CCID is what you use to login to BearTracks) as the username and your BearTracks password as the password. Then it'll redirect you to the U of A's single sign-in, where you re-input those credentials and you get access to the email.

Archived