Premed 101 Forums

Next round of invites

11 minutes ago, MD.VA said:

To be honest, unless you're trying to change your personality altogether, the extra 2 weeks won't affect your performance that much. The interviewers always tell you they want genuine and not over-rehearsed answers. Its also difficult to prepare since you dont know what they will be asking.

While I agree that you cant change your personality in two weeks, I have to disagree with you, I think two weeks can definitely make the difference. Based on my own subjective experience it took me some time to understand and apply ethics, appreciate other's prospective, think critically and read up on the health care system. Also talking coherently, calmly and working on body language took time....

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, medhopeful'17 said:

Last year a bunch of rejections went out on the 13th and then invites followed on the 14th of march ......so maybe today will be an invite day

Also, the March 24th/25th interview weekend is now 2 weeks away. Therefore, given U of T's stance on providing at least 2 weeks notice for interviewees, one can expect any remaining interview spots for that date to be filled either today or tomorrow. Furthermore, with the last interview day being one month away from today, I wouldn't be surprised to see the first wave of invites go out for April 8th. 

2 minutes ago, plastics91 said:

One thing to consider might be that UT admissions cite says they invite OOP applicants later in the cycle, so for those of you in Ontario waiting for II, might be in the back up pile in case ppl for 24th/25th weekend end up switching..

See but that makes no sense for me because i scored below the cutoff for the C/P section on the MCAT. By all means I should have been amongst the first rejects.

4 minutes ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

See but that makes no sense for me because i scored below the cutoff for the C/P section on the MCAT. By all means I should have been amongst the first rejects.

I don’t mean to be “that guy”, but if you scored below the 125 cutoff on any of the MCAT sections, I would be 99% expecting a rejection. I don’t know why they wouldn’t have rejected you already though. It seems really weird to make you wait and give a sense of false hope, provided they do reject all files that don’t meet the 125 cut off 

8 minutes ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

So yeah if you’re an Ontario applicant, that implies that there are some Ontario applicants that weren’t looked at yet. So Ontario applicants still have some hope! 

4 minutes ago, Dragonite said:

So yeah if you’re an Ontario applicant, that implies that there are some Ontario applicants that weren’t looked at yet. So Ontario applicants still have some hope! 

I honestly think they must have screened min scores for MCAT and GPA which is very easy to do already. I highly doubt they haven't at least taken an initial look at all applicants at this point.. If i was Captrex_501stlegion, I would e-mail to confirm whether I am still in the running, or whether I just missed a rejection letter or they failed to send it...

I say this bc I had not received rejection letter from Dalhousie this year due to an IT error and had to e-mail them late January to confirm that I had been rejected

3 minutes ago, plastics91 said:

I honestly think they must have screened min scores for MCAT and GPA which is very easy to do already. I highly doubt they haven't at least taken an initial look at all applicants at this point.. If i was Captrex_501stlegion, I would e-mail to confirm whether I am still in the running, or whether I just missed a rejection letter or they failed to send it...

I say this bc I had not received rejection letter from Dalhousie this year due to an IT error and had to e-mail them late January to confirm that I had been rejected

Ya thats what im thinking. I will just give them a call today and hopefully i am put out of my misery.

Just now, Captrex_501stlegion said:

Ya thats what im thinking. I will just give them a call today and hopefully i am put out of my misery.

I would do that too... Honestly waiting with hope makes the hit so much worse when it comes. I've shed many tears already in these scenarios which is why I wanted to tell everyone. But if you are! in the running, let us know! Bc that'd be exciting for everyone here :D

Archived