Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

You can look back to last year's threads to approximate the next wave. My guess is it will be around mid February, along with the first wave of rejections. According to the med admissions update, they've filled about half the spots so far, so don't count yourself out just yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MD.VA said:

You can look back to last year's threads to approximate the next wave. My guess is it will be around mid February, along with the first wave of rejections. According to the med admissions update, they've filled about half the spots so far, so don't count yourself out just yet!

Hey, where is it that you got the information about the spots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

Hey, where is it that you got the information about the spots?

They said they were mostly done for the early march date. There are 3 dates left. So about 50-55% more invites to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

Hey, where is it that you got the information about the spots?

UofT Med Admission comittee's Facebook update video. You can still find it in their page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MD.VA said:

UofT Med Admission comittee's Facebook update video. You can still find it in their page.

Do the higher quality applicants get interviewed earlier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Naruto said:

Do the higher quality applicants get interviewed earlier?

The sequence of invites does not predict your rank in their list. I do know that they tend to invite IP to the earlier interviews, and reach out to OOPs for later dates, but overall rank does not correlate to the timing of your invite/batch. Hope that helps! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dreamteam22 said:

The sequence of invites does not predict your rank in their list. I do know that they tend to invite IP to the earlier interviews, and reach out to OOPs for later dates, but overall rank does not correlate to the timing of your invite/batch. Hope that helps! 

Yes that was helpful. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, clash_of_ideas said:

For MD/PhD applicants do they send separate interview e-mails? Have not heard back for the PhD part. If I only got an MD interview does it mean I got  a no for the PhD?

Email and ask. They initially offered me my MD interview with no word on the MD/PhD one. I followed up and it turned out they were going to give me an MD/PhD one a month later as an OOP lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@insomnias  I e-mailed them a few days ago (before knowing about the MD invite) and they said they are still offering interviews for 24 Feb but majority were sent. So I feel bad e-mailing again!  The remaining spot 24 feb is fast approaching so I am tempted to e-mail again..... what do you mean " a month later" was it an MD PHD interview date?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clash_of_ideas said:

@insomnias  I e-mailed them a few days ago (before knowing about the MD invite) and they said they are still offering interviews for 24 Feb but majority were sent. So I feel bad e-mailing again!  The remaining spot 24 feb is fast approaching so I am tempted to e-mail again..... what do you mean " a month later" was it an MD PHD interview date?

Yeah they did March interviews for MD/PhD in 2015-16. I got a Feb MD and, after inquiring, a March MD/PhD and then they moved the two to the same weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PD23 said:

Anyone have an idea regarding the percentage of interview invites that have been sent out thus far?

we are still getting March 3/4 invites, so probably only about 50% has been sent, considering that there are March 24/25 and Apr 8 left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

Does anybody know around when will the first set of rejections be sent out? And would this be for people that didn't meet the cut-offs?

My guess is sometime next week. They came out Feb 13th last year, including for all those that didn't meet cut offs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, mew said:

A friend of mine got rejected from U of T this past Thursday (February 8). They met all the cutoffs though, so maybe that wave is coming later?

You sure it's legit? I haven't heard of any rejections yet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×