Premed 101 Forums

Next round of invites

12 minutes ago, frei said:

Last year the big wave of rejections followed all the invites (for possible interview dates). So whatever SWOWOMAN was notified by the admission office that ppl are either wait-listed or their file was not processed yet seems not precise (they do not seem to send rejections on regular basis but focus first on invites mostly). Based on last year, next week will be the last round of invites and big waves of rejections will follow the week(s) after that. Also, since they started inviting for 8th of April (last date out of 6) it seems like at least 85% of applications are processed (most likely more).

It’s not contradictory. They could have very, very generous waitlists...  I get that they might not want to reject someone and kill their hope now. But I would rather get a rejection now to plan accordingly rather than sit in limbo.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MD.VA said:

I'm not even asking for individual feedback. Just the general 1200/3500 applications processed.... They don't even have to have a meter! Just tweet it out for us.... is it really too much to ask

I wonder if something like that would actually reduce stress ? - I am honestly not sure (?) There is almost an infinite desire for information 

13 minutes ago, rmorelan said:

I wonder if something like that would actually reduce stress ? - I am honestly not sure (?) There is almost an infinite desire for information 

I agree. Like we know it sucks to wait so long, but must we have to continuously worry when the next wave is or pestering them? If you end up getting one and have a conflict, they will try to accomodate it. Act like you won’t get it and continue on with your life, that’s what any working individual will do while waiting to hear back for another job offer, interview, etc. You will hear back eventually, would be nice to hear all in one day but they do not do that. We’re in the home stretch now, patience my friends.

1 hour ago, IMislove said:

I agree. Like we know it sucks to wait so long, but must we have to continuously worry when the next wave is or pestering them? If you end up getting one and have a conflict, they will try to accomodate it. Act like you won’t get it and continue on with your life, that’s what any working individual will do while waiting to hear back for another job offer, interview, etc. You will hear back eventually, would be nice to hear all in one day but they do not do that. We’re in the home stretch now, patience my friends.

Whether you decide to follow their updates would be up to you. It's just nice to have some more transperancy in such a drawn out process.

1 hour ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

At this point everyone on this forum should get their bones checked xD

At this point if we DONT feel it in the bones we should all get them checked. Admissions confirmed it to be the last wave of invites/regrets this week 

5 minutes ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

Hmmm when i called I was told by the end of the month. Maybe thats for people on the waitlist?

They def have ppl on waitlist although they would never call them that... Both times my rejects came late March, pretty sure I am in limbo on their wait-list, probably for this year too sigh

1 hour ago, healthscireject said:

Odds we get a wave today?

1 hour ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

I feel like theres a wave tomorrow. Last year I got my rejection on the 13th.

1 hour ago, JohnnyEnglish said:

There should be a wave soon. I got my rejection last year on the 11th.

I'm assuming likely separate acceptance and rejection days. Possibly Tue/Wed.

On 09/03/2018 at 7:51 PM, MD.VA said:

Whether you decide to follow their updates would be up to you. It's just nice to have some more transperancy in such a drawn out process.

I think we should just appreciate the fact that Toronto takes the extra time to evaluate applications. I would call that quite transparent and a refreshing, holistic approach to MD admissions.

Just treat it like your crush waiting to text you back... except you know he/she'll eventually reply, and not just ghost you :)

25 minutes ago, silver_08 said:

I think we should just appreciate the fact that Toronto takes the extra time to evaluate applications. I would call that quite transparent and a refreshing, holistic approach to MD admissions.

Just treat it like your crush waiting to text you back... except you know he/she'll eventually reply, and not just ghost you :)

Holistic is a dirty word if you venture to studentdoctor.net :P

52 minutes ago, silver_08 said:

I agree with you, however I did not meet the mcat cutoffs and i have yet to hear back. I feel like this is very excessive. The clear rejections should go out first.

Archived