Premed 101 Forums

Next round of invites

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Confluence said:

Hi everyone, 

I've seen a few ppl talk about the cut-offs in this thread. Have the cut-offs to receive interviews this cycle been published?

The cutoffs are already published. MCAT 125 for each section, GPA 3.6 unless grad stream. Those people probably wrote their MCAT close to the application deadline and so didn't receive their score until after submitting their application. 

If you're asking about competitive scores, I don't think those are released

2 hours ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

I agree with you, however I did not meet the mcat cutoffs and i have yet to hear back. I feel like this is very excessive. The clear rejections should go out first.

I suppose one way to rationalize it is that you already know the answer. UofT might be prioritizing setting up those invite emails because those people need to make arrangements. Reminds me of getting medical test results back; you won't hear about negative tests as quickly as if you tested positive. 

10 minutes ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

So what's everyone feeling in their bones today?

One wave of invites and one wave of rejections. I'm expecting the rejections today or Wednesaday, and then the invites the day after. Could be vice versa though

Since I didn't get an invite, I'm expecting a pretty fat rejection tomorrow. Even if I'm waitlisted, how many people could possibly turn down the last availavle date? Probably not many. Sorry to be 'that' girl. Ive tried to remain hopeful throughout this process, but at this point ... We're screwed. GG bois!

"MD Applicants: We still have some interview spaces left. We will be sending out the majority of our interview invitations and letters of regret by the end of this week/early next week. There will be a small pool of applicants that we will hold up until the April 8 interview date, in the event that there are any last minute cancellations for that date to ensure all interview spots are filled. #UofTMed" 

Next thing you know they could be sending us an invite into late May.

Welp, looks like I actually might go from 2 interviews to none in a year. I'm not the first of my colleagues to do so though, it shows how much more steep everything becomes on a yearly basis. It's time to move on I suppose. Good luck to all interviewees, make sure you work hard. Application processes can be extremely dynamic and variable for schools that look strongly upon ECs that there's never a gaurentee of a second shot. 

4 minutes ago, attempt2 said:

Welp, looks like I actually might go from 2 interviews to none in a year. I'm not the first of my colleagues to do so though, it shows how much more steep everything becomes on a yearly basis. It's time to move on I suppose. Good luck to all interviewees, make sure you work hard. Application processes can be extremely dynamic and variable for schools that look strongly upon ECs that there's never a gaurentee of a second shot. 

That sucks. What are your plans for next year?

Archived