Premed 101 Forums

8 minutes ago, silent_c said:

I heard back from UBC not uoft! but uoft is most likely a reject haha I have not heard back from them yet

and yeah doing grad school!

Ah you had me confused but that's what I meant- don't doubt your chance at UofT! Hope you hear some good news soon

2 minutes ago, obiwankenobi said:

Is there still any hope left for us? Or should we assume rejection? 

Honestly just read this forum. The question has been asked about 20 times.

According to u of t admin page “MD Applicants: We still have some interview spaces left. We will be sending out the majority of our interview invitations and letters of regret by the end of this week/early next week.” So the latest that most of us are going to hear back from them is Tuesday I think. The wait is tough but hang on everyone!

22 minutes ago, obiwankenobi said:

Is there still any hope left for us? Or should we assume rejection? 

Ill be honest, there might still be some hope. "Some" invitations are still left unsent....at least that is what I tell myself.

Y'all are being too pessimistic about this whole situation. Think of this as a Schrödinger's cat type situation: until we hear back we are both invited AND rejected.

Pretty good news for everyone who, like me, has never been invited for an interview before.

Just my 2c

ps. PsychSoc was my highest MCAT section which may also subtly indicate why I am still/was only hopeful for UofT

20 minutes ago, Acceptmenextcyclehowbowdah said:

ps. PsychSoc was my highest MCAT section which may also subtly indicate why I am still/was only hopeful for UofT

Sorry I don't mean to be rude but I don't see the correlation here because U of T doesn't care about your individual section performance. Could you please elaborate? PsychSoc was also one of my highest sections

5 minutes ago, healthscireject said:

Sorry I don't mean to be rude but I don't see the correlation here because U of T doesn't care about your individual section performance. Could you please elaborate? PsychSoc was also one of my highest sections

Just a joke... high psych score = more reasonable = calmer = remain hopeful.