Premed 101 Forums

Next round of invites

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

Well I just checked and i got my rejection on the 13th last year. I guess they're trying to make it a one year anniversary kind of thing lool 

lmao I thought the exact same thing for myself

It is my understanding that U of T completes the detailed file review of applications in batches, and that corresponding interview invites or rejections are sent as file reviews are completed. This being the case, if we have yet to hear back from U of T about our application, can it be assumed that the admissions committee has yet to review our file, or that our file is currently being reviewed? Is there a chance that my file has already been reviewed, yet we haven't heard back about?

17 minutes ago, jolteon said:

It is my understanding that U of T completes the detailed file review of applications in batches, and that corresponding interview invites or rejections are sent as file reviews are completed. This being the case, if we have yet to hear back from U of T about our application, can it be assumed that the admissions committee has yet to review our file, or that our file is currently being reviewed? Is there a chance that my file has already been reviewed, yet we haven't heard back about?

Both are possible. I think I read that they do hold a small amount of rejects in case later batches are less competitive for some reason, but I would assume the former is more likely :)

Honestly I think it's best to assume you got rejected at this point. Both times I applied to UofT, I got rejected on March 21/22 and it was so crushing... We all hear of the "I got an invite at the last interview date!" but that's most likely the exceptional scenario.

59 minutes ago, plastics91 said:

Honestly I think it's best to assume you got rejected at this point. Both times I applied to UofT, I got rejected on March 21/22 and it was so crushing... We all hear of the "I got an invite at the last interview date!" but that's most likely the exceptional scenario.

Hey, I know how stressful the wait can be but it appears that invites are still being sent for the March 24th date. There are still interview openings for March 25th and April 8th, so it's not over yet loll. Hopefully for all of us waiting, we hear good news soon!

1 hour ago, plastics91 said:

They only filled part of March 24th, which means about 40% of spots are remaining, and if you are a grad student the chance is even higher since grad students started getting responses only this week...

It is so early to lose hope, but yeah I hear you..it is safer to assume the worst :D 

45 minutes ago, sowhat said:

They only filled part of March 24th, which means about 40% of spots are remaining, and if you are a grad student the chance is even higher since grad students started getting responses only this week...

It is so early to lose hope, but yeah I hear you..it is safer to assume the worst :D 

Just wondering how you know 40% spots still left. I hope you’re right but is this based on something specific?

Sorry for being 'that' guy. 

I have yet to hear back as well. But after talking to a few friends, it seems like they've already filled some of the April 8th spots  for ppl who couldn't make it out on the Mar 3/4 & 24/25 weekends. May be important to take that into account.

13 minutes ago, SWOWOMAN said:

Sorry for being 'that' guy. 

I have yet to hear back as well. But after talking to a few friends, it seems like they've already filled some of the April 8th spots  for ppl who couldn't make it out on the Mar 3/4 & 24/25 weekends. May be important to take that into account.

This is true, but it also means a couple spots reopened for the March 24/25 weekend that might not be filled yet

Archived