Premed 101 Forums

Next round of invites

Well heres an update for you guys: -Apparently even people that did not meet the cutoffs have their files reviewed. i find this very odd if were being honest. Admissions said that they havent gotten to or havent finished reviewing my file. 

They also said that admissions will keep going till the end of march and if you dont hear back by then then call them.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

Well heres an update for you guys: -Apparently even people that did not meet the cutoffs have their files reviewed. i find this very odd if were being honest. Admissions said that they havent gotten to or havent finished reviewing my file. 

They also said that admissions will keep going till the end of march and if you dont hear back by then then call them.

That's good to know, thanks for calling in! It's also interesting that when my friend called a few weeks ago, admissions told them that they couldn't reveal anything about their application status... perhaps I should call in too to ask about whether or not my file has been reviewed to end this wait ASAP

No, Ontario applicants should not lose hope. If someone who hasn't met MCAT cutoffs still has not been rejected, then that means there are likely a handful of Ontarians who haven't had their file review completed yet. Additionally, I personally know several Ontarians who were invited on the last interview date last year and ultimately were accepted into the program. 

TLDR: Don't lose hope!!!

3 minutes ago, gumbaline said:

This makes me want to cry a little.

To clarify, that is only in the case you were one of the few "waitlisted" applicants whose file got held back. Everyone else will be rejected/accepted by end of March.

1 minute ago, healthscireject said:

I have no doubt adcoms read this forum haha we've split off the schools so nicely I'm sure they could easily doxx us or correlate our accounts to our applications if they really wanted to

Could, yes. Don't get paid to and therefore will never bother tho.

1 minute ago, Zexalin said:

So, is it safe to say that most likely all April 8th invites have been released then? If you're waiting now, are you just waiting for the formal rejection next week? 

I'm guessing one more big wave of invites and rejects likely next week based on last year.

Archived