Premed 101 Forums

UofT PA 2018 intake (current applicants)

Got my acceptance letter yesterday too! Can't wait to see you all in September.

I did about 2000+ healthcare hours, this includes volunteering experience along with working in clinical settings.

Sam123, don't be disheartened for this year. I would suggest gaining experience in the healthcare field though different ways. Explore and try new things that still allow you the gain experience and those required hours. You want to try and stand out, as long as you meet the requirements they look at your entire application.

Goodluck and hope you get in next year!

Congratulations to those that got their acceptance emails you are about to start a very busy and crazy two years! It's all worth it when you are done.

If you have any questions about the UofT program or what it's like to work as a PA i'm happy to answer them the best I can.

Hi relaxingbath! 

Thanks for offering to answer questions :) I'm from Sudbury and so I'm going to have to find lodging for the residential blocks. I'm just wondering where the residential blocks actually occur so I can find somewhere nearby. Are the classes at the Michener Institute?

Also, I have a 2 bedroom apartment that is in a really convenient spot in Sudbury. Since I won't be here much, I'm thinking about offering to rent my extra room to 2nd year PA students doing their rotations in the Sudbury area. Assuming there's a need for it anyway! Any idea where I can post an ad that would be available only to PA students? Is there a message board of some sort?

Thanks!

20 hours ago, pahopefull said:

Hi relaxingbath! 

Thanks for offering to answer questions :) I'm from Sudbury and so I'm going to have to find lodging for the residential blocks. I'm just wondering where the residential blocks actually occur so I can find somewhere nearby. Are the classes at the Michener Institute?

Also, I have a 2 bedroom apartment that is in a really convenient spot in Sudbury. Since I won't be here much, I'm thinking about offering to rent my extra room to 2nd year PA students doing their rotations in the Sudbury area. Assuming there's a need for it anyway! Any idea where I can post an ad that would be available only to PA students? Is there a message board of some sort?

Thanks!

Hi Pahopefull, the majority of the residential blocks occur in 263 Mccaul street, 500 university ave and Anatomy labs in the Medical Sciences building (all close together). Only a few of the later classes are held in Michener institute. Once you start the program you will have access to the e-learn message boards and every year there is a private facebook group that you can use to message classmates. Northern placements the university offers student accommodations or a stipend if you want to find your own, so take that into account. 

Final advice for res. block accommodations is that there are sometimes limited space at the michener institute itself (I used that for the final 5 week block in my first year and worked out to be cheaper than anything else i could find in the city)

Relaxingbath  

18 hours ago, relaxingbath said:

Hi Pahopefull, the majority of the residential blocks occur in 263 Mccaul street, 500 university ave and Anatomy labs in the Medical Sciences building (all close together). Only a few of the later classes are held in Michener institute. Once you start the program you will have access to the e-learn message boards and every year there is a private facebook group that you can use to message classmates. Northern placements the university offers student accommodations or a stipend if you want to find your own, so take that into account. 

Final advice for res. block accommodations is that there are sometimes limited space at the michener institute itself (I used that for the final 5 week block in my first year and worked out to be cheaper than anything else i could find in the city)

Relaxingbath  

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2/27/2018 at 8:59 PM, AnneCCPA said:

Hi miniimufin! 

McMaster, University of Manitoba and UofT has produced infographics of their successful PA candidates for September 2017 intake (last year's successful applicants) which are viewable on their social media accounts. 

We've also posted it here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.2005668702804863

Hi Anne! That link seems to be broken :/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived