Premed 101 Forums

3 hours ago, Zurv said:

yea she passed on her second try.

that is not bad, still makes me a bit nervous.  Second try on her written exam or second try overall. Meaning she has passed her clinical as well? 

Also, did she have any comments or concerns with exam where she felt like there were holes/discrepancies in her education that may have deterred or enabled her from doing well or work 10x as harder than the average to pass? 

15 hours ago, CadPT said:

that is not bad, still makes me a bit nervous.  Second try on her written exam or second try overall. Meaning she has passed her clinical as well? 

Also, did she have any comments or concerns with exam where she felt like there were holes/discrepancies in her education that may have deterred or enabled her from doing well or work 10x as harder than the average to pass? 

she passed written first time and practical second time.

No she said on her first clincal fail she messed on some safety aspect

For those who have already gone across to the UK or elsewhere for PT school (Or know people who have done it). Did you (or they) take a bank loan out in order to finance your studies? If so which bank did you use, how much did they loan you, and what kind of interest rate did they offer you? 

Any help is appreciated 

Thanks 

1 minute ago, CanadaPT said:

For those who have already gone across to the UK or elsewhere for PT school (Or know people who have done it). Did you (or they) take a bank loan out in order to finance your studies? If so which bank did you use, how much did they loan you, and what kind of interest rate did they offer you? 

Any help is appreciated 

Thanks 

Scotiabank offers a student health professional line of credit I think

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Everyone, 

I have an interview with Glasgow Caledonian coming up, and I am curious if anyone has had an interview here before, or with any British Schools. Does anyone know the kind of questions they typically ask? Are they situational, or questions about anatomy, etc? 

any help is appreciated

Thank you 

On 3/28/2019 at 11:47 PM, CanadaPT said:

Hey Everyone, 

I have an interview with Glasgow Caledonian coming up, and I am curious if anyone has had an interview here before, or with any British Schools. Does anyone know the kind of questions they typically ask? Are they situational, or questions about anatomy, etc? 

any help is appreciated

Thank you 

I answered a similar question here:

On 3/29/2019 at 12:47 AM, CanadaPT said:

Hey Everyone, 

any help is appreciated

Thank you 

I did an interview for Glasgow in March and was accepted! I actually found the exact page they use for the interview online, but I can't seem to find it now. They asked about my personal strengths/weaknesses, what makes good research & my research experience, qualities I think are important for a physio to have, what was a difficult situation I've had to overcome. There's more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I found the interview pretty relaxed and the interviewer prompted me a lot when there were questions I felt stuck on which helped.

On 4/1/2019 at 8:58 AM, PT-L said:

I did an interview for Glasgow in March and was accepted! I actually found the exact page they use for the interview online, but I can't seem to find it now. They asked about my personal strengths/weaknesses, what makes good research & my research experience, qualities I think are important for a physio to have, what was a difficult situation I've had to overcome. There's more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I found the interview pretty relaxed and the interviewer prompted me a lot when there were questions I felt stuck on which helped.

Thanks for the help! Do you mind if I ask what your GPA is? I'm currently waiting for the response for the final decision. 

On 4/1/2019 at 9:58 AM, PT-L said:

How long did it take for you to hear back after your interview?

• 8 months later...

Hi guys!

I got a phone interview for Brunel in a week and was wondering if anyone had any pointers for the interviews? Im from Canada and the forums for UK interviews reflect domestic students so I'm not sure what to expect (I've never done an interview for physio before)

Im super nervous and don't know anything about the UK physio system/current news. My across the pond advisor said its super casual but Im doubting that. 

Also, if you get an interview are you basically in, or do you have to really try hard in the interview to guarantee a spot? 

The fact that my interview is on the phone is reassuring since its at 7am and ill likely look dead. Also I'm seeing a lot of people have Skype interviews so why is mine on the phone?? 

Thanks in advance for your help guys! 

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask the probability to get into universities in UK for example Leeds Beckett University? I have a diploma in Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy Assistant and currently studying Health Science in Thompson Rivers University to complete my undergrad. I talked to a few people from Vancouver, Canada and they said it's very competitive to get into PT program from any university in Canada.Such as, UBC, Dalhousie, University of Alberta. So I am planning to apply in UK (Leeds specifically) or any university that I can get in to.  Any tips? 

Thank You!