Premed 101 Forums

UofT - Post Interview Jitters

Did anyone else feel like it was extremely informal and relaxed? I thought it was nice, but also pretty anti-climatic after what I was expecting from U of T. I felt like my answers were lame, and nothing super original, which I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. I also felt like there was barely any time for them to really get to know me! 

3 hours ago, DentDreaming said:

Did anyone else feel like it was extremely informal and relaxed? I thought it was nice, but also pretty anti-climatic after what I was expecting from U of T. I felt like my answers were lame, and nothing super original, which I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. I also felt like there was barely any time for them to really get to know me! 

I feel the same way! 

I keep thinking of it as well! How I could have approached a question differently or added something and how I presented myself. Overall I loved the initial meet/greet with staff and students, it made me calm down a bit before I began. Also the interviewers were very friendly and responsive. Not sure what to expect!! :unsure:

As supervisor on Saturday - I was very impressed with the caliber of candidates that were interviewing. I am sure everyone did fine and I wish everyone the best of luck come March 2. If anyone has any questions about U of T that were not answered during your interview day - feel free to PM me! I hope to see some of you at O-Week in August/September!

Might be overthinking too much here, but for the personality test, I made a mistake in transferring one of my answers circling a different number. I made my corrections relatively clear, and when I asked the lady at the front she said it was fine. Do you think it's worth emailing admissions to clarify for safety's sake?

1 minute ago, Zezima said:

Might be overthinking too much here, but for the personality test, I made a mistake in transferring one of my answers circling a different number. I made my corrections relatively clear, and when I asked the lady at the front she said it was fine. Do you think it's worth emailing admissions to clarify for safety's sake?

It's too late. You've already been red flagged as an auto-reject. Sorry

13 hours ago, DentDreaming said:

ya it was super laid back, especially for my last station the guy literally half way through stopped asking questions put his hands behind his head and leaned back into the chair and we just started talking about random stuff lol. It really seems to me that the main reason they hold the interview is to see if your a chill person that would make a good colleague  

27 minutes ago, Fakedoctor said:

ya it was super laid back, especially for my last station the guy literally half way through stopped asking questions put his hands behind his head and leaned back into the chair and we just started talking about random stuff lol. It really seems to me that the main reason they hold the interview is to see if your a chill person that would make a good colleague  

I think I know exactly who you're talking about lol

5 hours ago, Fakedoctor said:

The guy who interviewed me gave 0 emotions and I'm super worried about it. I feel like I messed up that Q.

1 hour ago, DentalDayum said:

The guy who interviewed me gave 0 emotions and I'm super worried about it. I feel like I messed up that Q.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, one of the dental students I was talking too told me that they are sometimes instructed not to give emotions and stuff, because my first station was kinda rough too lol. 

15 hours ago, Fakedoctor said:

My mans ran out of prompts for you so he gave up  

On 2/12/2018 at 5:13 PM, Fakedoctor said:

nah. he probably knew you weren't gonna get in so he just chilled.  They have pretty long days i imagine

Archived