Premed 101 Forums

UofT - Post Interview Jitters

44 minutes ago, Dr.Rotinaj said:

Any info on the admissions formula this year?...is it all interview or is gpa/dat considered as well? Thanks

I have a feeling this year the formula could change because they also changed the interview to an MMI, but that’s just a guess on my part

2 hours ago, Dr.Rotinaj said:

Any info on the admissions formula this year?...is it all interview or is gpa/dat considered as well? Thanks

Can't say specifics but none of the above posts about the breakdown are correct. This cycle forward, the selection criteria will not be what was proposed previously.

55 minutes ago, Steins;Gate said:

Can't say specifics but none of the above posts about the breakdown are correct. This cycle forward, the selection criteria will not be what was proposed previously.

43 minutes ago, DentalDayum said:

I was told by the office on Feb 7th that it is 60% GPA, 10% DAT, 15% interview, and 15% personality test.

@Steins;Gate so this is the last cycle that the old breakdown will be used? Or is it something new this cycle?

31 minutes ago, Steins;Gate said:

Should be effective this cycle. In the event that what occurs for the selection process changes again this cycle, please don't quote me!

Interesting that they're putting equal weighting on personality test as interview, I assumed that the test was simply used as a filter... good to know.

5 hours ago, jesustakethewheel said:

Interesting that they're putting equal weighting on personality test as interview, I assumed that the test was simply used as a filter... good to know.

Yeah that’s actually pretty scary .. I wonder what kind of things would be seen as red flags on the personality test :/ 

14 minutes ago, NasusMain said:

Hey guys,

This is my first post on here. Does anyone know how many people were interviewed last weekend? Just trying to figure out what my chances are! 

thanks! 

welcome! I believe about 180 people interview and the class size is 96, however I think they accept 130ish people depending on how much the waitlist moves. If you go to the u of t interview thread someone posted a more detailed answer to this question if your interested.

2 hours ago, Fakedoctor said:

welcome! I believe about 180 people interview and the class size is 96, however I think they accept 130ish people depending on how much the waitlist moves. If you go to the u of t interview thread someone posted a more detailed answer to this question if your interested.

Thank you so much! I will check that thread out also. The next two weeks are going to be hella long

4 hours ago, ysoNaCly said:

Does anyone else think the fact that acceptances are coming out much earlier this year will kind of pressure people to accept their offer and pay the deposit before they have time to hear back from other schools? So I anticipate the wait list moving a lot less this year. 

hmm...thats a good point, but I think that there will be enough time for people to hear back from other schools, at least from UWO. The only reason I say that is because it doesn't seem fair to force people into accepting before they hear from anyone else. 

7 hours ago, ysoNaCly said:

Does anyone else think the fact that acceptances are coming out much earlier this year will kind of pressure people to accept their offer and pay the deposit before they have time to hear back from other schools? So I anticipate the wait list moving a lot less this year. 

you make a great point.. but I suspect that if someone got into their dream program (let's say UofT Medicine), they're not letting a deposit get in the way of that. However I'm not sure just how big this deposit is lol

14 hours ago, Fakedoctor said:

hmm...thats a good point, but I think that there will be enough time for people to hear back from other schools, at least from UWO. The only reason I say that is because it doesn't seem fair to force people into accepting before they hear from anyone else. 

41 minutes ago, Neji3 said:

How long does one have to accept if offered a seat in the class? For the interviews it was two weeks; would it be similar for acceptances?

If I remember correctly, the deadline to accept last year for UofT didn't overlap with when Western released their acceptances. I imagine it won't overlap this year again because of how early UofT's interviews were

if you know please post acceptance releases dates for UofT and UWO medicine and UWO dentistry

Lots of applicants for medicine also apply to dental schools just in case and then drop their dental school acceptance so this is important to those really dedicated only to dental schools as well as to those who were accepted in US and now have to make deposit payments.

1 hour ago, ME-DENTIST said:

if you know please post acceptance releases dates for UofT and UWO medicine and UWO dentistry

Lots of applicants for medicine also apply to dental schools just in case and then drop their dental school acceptance so this is important to those really dedicated only to dental schools as well as to those who were accepted in US and now have to make deposit payments.

UofT Med acceptances roll out May 7th and I believe most med schools release it on that day as well.. gonna have to double check for UWO

4 hours ago, jesustakethewheel said:

UofT Med acceptances roll out May 7th and I believe most med schools release it on that day as well.. gonna have to double check for UWO

Ontario Med Schools release all together

Edit: UofT Dent acceptances last year were 2.5 weeks after the interviews. UWO Dent acceptances were almost a month after interviews last year

Archived