Premed 101 Forums

University of Alberta MMI interview Invites 2018

4 hours ago, qwerty2222 said:

Can someone explain the difference between early and general acceptances? Do they only offer early admissions to like 5 people (the class is so small I don't understand the point of it) or is it basically like first round and general is second round?

Thanks

You can think about it in both ways. At the end of the day, they do it because those individuals who get early admission are likely not going to have their stats changed by incoming marks. i agree with you though they could simply do everyone in one round and do wait list as people reject.

Some really good scores here btw. For the lurkers out there, remember that usually people who only did really good come here to post their stats. So if you feel like you are not in the same league because your scores are not insanely high like some of the students here, don't worry. Just sit tight, nothing you can do at this point. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Super Nova said:

You can think about it in both ways. At the end of the day, they do it because those individuals who get early admission are likely not going to have their stats changed by incoming marks. i agree with you though they could simply do everyone in one round and do wait list as people reject.

Some really good scores here btw. For the lurkers out there, remember that usually people who only did really good come here to post their stats. So if you feel like you are not in the same league because your scores are not insanely high like some of the students here, don't worry. Just sit tight, nothing you can do at this point. 

Thanks, oh well regardless it's just a waiting game!
^very true, you hear many more reasonable scores from people in person. Or lower GPAs like me!

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Guest1234 said:

Has UofA gotten anyone’s final grades  from Winter 2018? My BearTracks application says they haven’t been received yet and I’m not sure if I should send my transcript to them....

I sent mine in a few months ago as my courses ended in January.

If you’re done then you should send it. It’ll take up to 7 weeks to update in Bear Tracks.

1 hour ago, Guest1234 said:

Has UofA gotten anyone’s final grades  from Winter 2018? My BearTracks application says they haven’t been received yet and I’m not sure if I should send my transcript to them....

dont fret about that. It seems like a yearly occurrence that kids get paranoid about their official status. Changing the status for an application seems to have a severe lag. 

14 hours ago, qwerty2222 said:

Is it emails or snail mail? Last year I got my waitlist by email but in the past waitlist offers have been given via mail. Have acceptances changed to email too or no?

From what I heard at the interviews, acceptance letters come through your UofA email. 

16 minutes ago, McNasty said:

Have they sent out early acceptance yet? If not, when do they begin mailing acceptance or decline of admission notification?

It’s been May 18th for the past two years and it seems like they have transferred over to email correspondence.  

3 hours ago, ScienceIsFUN said:

Do you guys know what the cutoff score for the interview is to even be considered? 

depends on the admission cycle. However, if you know your DAT, GPA, and interview score, you should have a good understanding of where you stand in relation to previous admission cycle and people who got accepted

Archived