Well Lebron, looks like we both took an L recently haha

IP

DAT: 71

MDT: 30

RC: 22

PAT: 19

GPA: 3.94

INT: 33

not super happy with that interview score, could have been worse though. 

I thought I took a massive L from that interview but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I barely improved from last year's stats but it's still improvement if we want to reframe the outlook on it. 

GPA: 3.8 

DAT: 70

INT: 33 

Not really liking my chances for this cycle. I'm feeling kind of salty and kind of hopeful about this but mostly the former. I'm probably going to finish up my degree in the next school year to deal with all those degree requirements I decided to put off for then or prolong it a bit more to decide what I want to do whether that's dentistry or not. I'm glad that I get a couple of cracks at UofA compared to other universities because of the years required to apply but it's frustrating to come up short. Every time I see those Dent 2020 or Dent 2021 backpacks around the health sciences area I can't help but think about how I should have avoided those L courses and profs in my first two years or how I should have carved better or how I should have not stuttered around during the interview. I know it's better to focus on yourself rather than to look to others but it still stings seeing others succeed while you feel stuck whether that's having a couple of peers getting admitted into med after 2 years of undergrad or having a friend nonchalantly carve 10 soaps the week of the DAT and score higher than you. 

As much as I want to think about what could have been, maybe I ought to be like the 76ers. Obviously I'm not sucking to the point that they did for the past couple of years since I've gotten interviews but I can take away the mantra 'trust the process'. At this point, I think it's safe to say I'm not ready to be admitted based on the admissions criteria. There's people that make it seem easy getting in (although it's definitely not and it's not to say they're not putting in work behind the scenes) but it's a good reminder that not everyone's experience is like that and the process implies that these things take time. With that in mind, these people have perfected themselves within the system and that's what I should be doing as well. What I can take away from this cycle is that this is another opportunity for growth not only as a better candidate but as a better person overall and it's to be used as such rather than an excuse to feel sorry for myself and bitter for the next couple of months. From lurking around on the forum, I have seen posts from people who persevered to reach their goals so I thank you for sharing your experiences so I don't feel as alone in tackling this. 

I could have saved this once things are for sure but it feels good to get this off my chest. I guess it's back to finals and whatever lies ahead for me. All the best to everyone else. 

Continue to grow and evolve as an individual my friend. Your personality and who you are is an accumulation of your experiences and how you’ve dealt with both your successes and failures. I like your perspective especially in the second half of that last paragraph. Totally understandable that you feel salty, I was too when I didn’t get in for the 2020 cycle. I was sad I won’t lie, but I always knew I was meant to be in this program. I took that year to travel and gain experience and allow my personality to flourish. You’ve got a good head on your shoulders. You have what it takes. If not this year, next year, if not that year then the year after. Whatever your dreams may be, never give up and continue to strive for excellence. Now is the time to take a hard look at yourself in the mirror and say what I can do to be a better person, what do I need to work on to be the best version of myself that I can be. Keep up that drive and resilience and things will fall in place. I know it’s tough, but you’re tougher. 

4 hours ago, winner1 said:

When are the results released again ? 

^The early acceptances go out mid May and then later acceptances range from mid June to early-mid July

4 hours ago, Guest1234 said:

I have a 3.87 ogpa (after 5 years University), 69 DAT, and 37 Interview. Think I have a chance?

I think you're competitive, don't lose hope - it all depends on the other applicants. All the best

Archived