Premed 101 Forums

Regarding MCAT

Hi,

I have a question and hoping to hear from people who have experience in reviewing applications,

Does U of T really consider MCAT for cut off only? when I was browsing the invitations thread it seems most invited persons have pretty good MCAT, so does U of T really doesn't consider the score except as a cut off? and do reviewers have access to your MCAT score after the pre-screening anyways?

4 minutes ago, sowhat said:

Hi,

I have a question and hoping to hear from people who have experience in reviewing applications,

Does U of T really consider MCAT for cut off only? when I was browsing the invitations thread it seems most invited persons have pretty good MCAT, so does U of T really doesn't consider the score except as a cut off? and do reviewers have access to your MCAT score after the pre-screening anyways?

Hey, 

From my understanding, UofT considers MCAT only as cut off in order to move onto the complete file review which consists of assessing your non-academics (essays, CV entries, letters of references etc...) Although it seems as though they are favouring higher MCAT scores, keep in mind that there are also people who don't post about invites and who might just be at the MCAT cut off or slightly higher and who don't feel comfortable sharing their stats. Also the people who tend to post have high academic metrics so I wouldn't use premed101 posts as a representative sample of who they invite/reject. 

Archived