Premed 101 Forums

UofA vs USask?

vellichor

5 minutes ago, robclem21 said:

I would choose to interview at both and then not count my chickens until they've hatched.

I would in an ideal world, but I can only go to one because they’re on the same weekend this year and I’ve already committed to another at McMaster (also on that weekend). 

That is poor form on the part of the schools - is there really only one interview weekend for them? Or was that just the only spot left when you signed up. If so, email them and ask for further consideration for alternate interview date. 

That said, I would pick whatever school you would rather attend(should you be admitted).

That said, look at the post-interview acceptance rates for each school too...i believe Sask has a very high OOP acceptance rate post-interview..lots waitlist movement. May not be same every year though.

UofA and USask both have interviews on the March 17th/18th weekend. McMaster also has theirs on March 17th/18th/24th. To complicate things further, Alberta's system is having technical difficulties and probably won't be able to put out a schedule until late next week. I would try and reschedule McMaster but I have another interview on March 24th. So long story short it makes the most sense on my part at this point to just choose between Alberta and Sask haha- anyway, thanks for the suggestions, if anyone has any input on how the two schools compare curriculum-wise or quality-wise (though I know most places are the same across Canada) I'd love to hear it. :)  

Archived