Premed 101 Forums

Downtime between MMI and Panel?

I have heard that interviewees might be waiting upwards of an hour after the MMI before the panel begins. 1) Is this accurate? and 2) During this time, can you access your phone/music/a book etc.? 

I'm worried about spending ages stewing on post-MMI reflections and would love to have some sort of distraction! 

I don't think you will have to wait an hour (maybe if you're the last one called from your interview group)?

No you can't have any of those things with you as they take you straight to the waiting room from the MMI without any real opportunity to get those things. When I interviewed, there were a few 1st years floating around that we could chat with as a distraction, plus some juice and cookies available. Not sure if any of that has changed in the last couple of years.

When I interviewed I definitely waited almost an hour to be called between my mmi and panel. I was not the last one to be interviewed. It happens because there's a limited number of rooms interviewing.

You don't really feel the time going by, so don't worry about that! Lots of first years and other applicants around in the waiting room to distract you and have nice fluffy conversation with. And snacks! They take you straight from MMI to the waiting room so can't access anything.

Archived