Premed 101 Forums

2018 UofT Dent accepted/waitlisted/rejected

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ysoNaCly said:

Dumb question .. what are the odds of someone on the waitlist asking to no longer be considered for admission? In that case wouldn't everyone on the waitlist move up as well. 

I think anyone on the waitlist would care to reject only once they actually got accepted. If it's any consolation I have some friends who got accepted who are in favour of med, and I know a guy who got in #31 on the list. Don't give up I'll be praying to the waitlist gods for you!!

accepted, currently in 5th year. 

IP 

AA 22 PAT 21

GPA: 3.88

Guessing I did well in the interviews because my GPA isn't all that amazing. I did feel that the interview were pretty laid back and good overall.

The feeling of relief is unexplainable.... this summer is gana be so lit no studying or working lol 

Accepted!

GPA: 3.94
DAT (AA/PAT): 20/19
Interview (self-perceived performance): Interview process was super laid back.. I felt okay going into them and felt a lot better going out. 
IP/OP: IP.. 4th year UG

Thought I'd get waitlisted with my DAT score but I guess I did well on the interview.. my advice would be to be super friendly and likeable. Interviewers are a lot more likely to be affected by the impression you give them over your answer since most people give very similar answers anyway but thats just my opinion.

Accepted! 

GPA: 3.95
DAT (AA/RC): 20/20
Interview (self-perceived performance): It felt incredible smooth. All of my interviewers seemed genuniely interested in what I had to say. I was able to slide personal examples into all of my responses, and I walked out of each room feeling as though I had just made a new friend. These people are NOT out to get you. 
IP

GPA: 3.71 (couldn't drop year with lowest GPA because it was my 4th year and even then I'd have a 3.8 GPA tops)

DAT (AA/RC): 26/20

Interview (self-perceived performance): It generally went smoothly and well. I wasn't particularly nervous, but I was relatively calm. I was glad I was able to insert personal experiences into my answers. Looking back, I definitely could've improved certain aspects of my responses, but I came out of the whole process feeling good overall.

It's my first time applying and it also looks like I'm going to bring the acceptance average down. Hahaha.

Accepted/rejected/waitlisted: Accepted

IP/OP: IP

8 hours ago, arkragon said:

GPA: 3.71 (couldn't drop year with lowest GPA because it was my 4th year and even then I'd have a 3.8 GPA tops)

DAT (AA/RC): 26/20

Interview (self-perceived performance): It generally went smoothly and well. I wasn't particularly nervous, but I was relatively calm. I was glad I was able to insert personal experiences into my answers. Looking back, I definitely could've improved certain aspects of my responses, but I came out of the whole process feeling good overall.

It's my first time applying and it also looks like I'm going to bring the acceptance average down. Hahaha.

Accepted/rejected/waitlisted: Accepted

IP/OP: IP

Are you a masters student? 

1 hour ago, arkragon said:

I've completed my Master's a couple years ago, yes.

Makes sense, otherwise i wouldn't understand how UofT, given that they don't give two shits about ECs, would give you an interview and reject someone out of undergrad with higher stats. Paid your dues with time and research. Big congrats man, looks like im heading to the states unless Western blesses me :)

Archived