Premed 101 Forums

UofT Pharm.D. 2017-2018 Cycle - Class of 2022

CLIC5A

Seeing as there wasn't a Pharmacy applicant thread for UToronto yet, I thought I'd start one. Feel free to discuss anything related to the admissions process or the program here.

As for myself, this marks my first time applying to UToronto for the Pharm.D. program, meaning I had to go through the annoyance of writing the PCAT and even enrolling in Calculus 2 to finish my pre-reqs. I received an offer for the UAlberta Pharmacy program in 2016, but ultimately rejected it to pursue a M.Sc. instead. I am also a repeat med school applicant, but I've learned that a career as a pharmacist would be equally fulfilling for me.

Where are my Pharmacy peeps at?! :P

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently we're all really, really quiet people lol. The first interview weekend is coming up (Mar 24/25). Was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing some last minute MMI practice say over Skype or something. Leave a comment or PM if interested (especially to those with interviews on May 5th!)

Yes, you guys are really quiet! I'm excited for this next chapter in my life and nobody seems to be sharing the enthusiasm lol.

I'll be flying in from Alberta, but I requested an interview date for this weekend. I've had my MMI practice through 2 school interviews, so I'm good, but if anybody else is interested please post here!

On 3/20/2018 at 9:25 PM, CLIC5A said:

Yes, you guys are really quiet! I'm excited for this next chapter in my life and nobody seems to be sharing the enthusiasm lol.

I'll be flying in from Alberta, but I requested an interview date for this weekend. I've had my MMI practice through 2 school interviews, so I'm good, but if anybody else is interested please post here!

Bit late but welcome to Toronto (if it's your first time) or welcome back! (if it's 1+). In any case; I wish you luck this weekend!

13 hours ago, Sulfy said:

Bit late but welcome to Toronto (if it's your first time) or welcome back! (if it's 1+). In any case; I wish you luck this weekend!

Thank you for the warm welcome. Living in Edmonton will make literally anywhere else seem like an awesome place to be. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

How did everybody feel about the MMI? They were a lot more challenging than I thought they'd be, and I feel like it was my worst MMI this cycle :rolleyes:. Given that 80% of the 700 or so students are offered interviews, and the generous enrollment size of ~220, this equates to about a 50% chance of admission, so I am not so worried.

Archived