Premed 101 Forums

February 2018 DAT thoughts

Retook a 21AA/21PAT from November

Felt like Bio was about the same.

Last time I felt like I got every question in Chem but probably messed up 1-2 calculations.. This time I marked like 3-4 questions. Didn't feel like it was harder but it didn't play to the material I know best. Most disappointed in this section cuz I know getting >25 is most possible here.

Keyholes and TFE felt easier. Holepunching was easy, Cubes had a couple messed with my perception but overall ok. Patterns was similar to last time and pretty simple. Angles seemed less obvious than last time, felt like every question had a 3 degree angle difference which sucked. I thought I got pretty good at angles too.

RC was much easier than last time because all the topics were scientific, no pianos. 

Also I hate that they tell us the start time is 8:30am (no MDT). I show up at 8 and we don't start until 9:30. This happened in November too. I commute a long way so an extra hour of sleep would've been nice. Last thing is the pencil erasers suck, I'm not sure if I erased some answers light enough. Do they manually look over the scantrons to double check? 

Wrote today, felt a lot more prepared than when I wrote last time (21AA, 19PAT last year)

Bio - was a little tricker than I anticipated even though I went over feralis notes three times now. A few random questions threw me off like the mammalian class that lays eggs (what was this?!). 

Chem - went really well, much much better than I thought. I felt the questions were regurgitated from Crusher though, especially the highlighted high-yield stuff. Pretty confident I got perfect in chem unless I made a silly mistake somewhere 

PAT-  went well. Somehow finished on time for once and asides a few keyholes and angles, it wasn't that bad.

Reading - luckily was all science passages and managed to finish on time.

Just crossing my fingers now. Hopefully, this is my last rewrite :) 

It wasn't so bad overall. First time taking the DAT so hopefully it went fine.

The bio had a couple odds ones (egg laying mammal question), but was what I was expecting.

Chemistry was much easier than I expected. As previously said, DATCrusher absolutely nailed the chem section. The chem barely had any actual calculations so I guess that made it easy.

PAT was pretty easy overall as well. The angles seemed harder than what I'm used to and there were a few hard keyholes. Other than that, it was easy.

Reading comprehension is where I think I did the worst. I felt I rushed a lot of the questions and the options were longer than what I was used to. Everyone else found it really easy so I guess I must have done pretty bad... :(

I retook my DAT as well and it was quite different from the November DAT in a few ways.

First, i found the bio section to be quite harder due a lot more specific type questions as opposed to the general ones in the previous test. Also, there were a lot more topics that most of us would think to be "low-yield" so it was quite of a surprise. I dont think i did as well in this section as I did on my last DAT (BIO : 27)

As for the chem section, i found it to be easier than the Nov. one. The questions were much more general and were the popular questions found in bootcamp or Crusher, so i was pleasantly surpised.

The PAT was easier than the Nov one i think, however, the keyhole section had 6 "rock keyholes" on which i guessed so that will most likely bring my score down. The hole punching was definitely easier this time, i rushed through it unlike last time..

Lastly, the reading was much more doable than the  ones on the last DAT. There was no weird Piano one, plus all of them were health-related. I can honestly say that i would have really enjoyed the read if it weren't for the time constraint haha That being said, i still rushed to answer some last minute questions because i couldn't find the answers in the text. I think that although i feel more confident with this reading comprehension, it seems like a lot of ppl did well on it so it will be difficult to score high since the scores are curved..

Anyway, I guess the 6 to 8 week waiting period begins now :rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, Driillzz said:

by the way, if anyone can elaborate on how they answered the bio question about the cell with glucose, frucose, etc. i would love to hear it! I seriously had trouble with that one :/ 

U can PM if u wanna chat about it :) 

The two solutions were equal because it's a colligative property. So both sides would move equally. That was my reasoning behind it.

On 2/24/2018 at 10:57 PM, Driillzz said:

by the way, if anyone can elaborate on how they answered the bio question about the cell with glucose, frucose, etc. i would love to hear it! I seriously had trouble with that one :/ 

U can PM if u wanna chat about it :) 

can you remind me what the question asked?

I re-wrote a 23AA-20PAT-18RC (My AA is inflated cus of 25TS). Probably not gonna use this test cus i got admitted to the U.S. and I'm not about to wait another year (assuming i don't get western with my 23 score cus of RC. I thought this test was far more reasonable than last november ESPECIALLY the RC. I only ended up purely guessing the last question. You never know about these scores but I feel decen't about RC. Science I didn't prep much for it to be honest cus I'm relying on my strong science background and still thought it was alright over all with the exception of few questions here and there. Like what the heck is regulative cleavage? i've never heard of that term until i looked it up on google and it means in-determinant, smh cus i assumed they meant determinant. I definitely know i'm scoring lower on science, hoping for a 22+ TS. PAT was also better than November I felt. Overall, I liked this one better.

On 2/26/2018 at 8:08 AM, Intermediate said:

What do you guys use to practice PAT section? I just took it, and I felt the PAT was hard.....

I didn't think it was that hard imo. I used DATcrusher as my main resource and a few Bootcamp practice tests. Both were super useful, especially the generators where you can print stuff out. But regardless of what you used to practice, the key was to practice a lot on paper

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived