Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
ysoNaCly

Schulich Interview Invites 2018

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Sherbert said:

How did you guys feel about your interviews? Personally, I feel like I messed mine up (not enough personal experiences woven in my answers and they didn't feel structured enough) and now I'm overanalyzing... ahhhh

I feel the exact same way! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sherbert said:

How did you guys feel about your interviews? Personally, I feel like I messed mine up (not enough personal experiences woven in my answers and they didn't feel structured enough) and now I'm overanalyzing... ahhhh

Same, I didn't even make it on time. I don't feel like I had the opportunity to show them who I was as a person. I try not to overanalyze but it's hard not to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sherbert said:

I've got to say, every single UWO DDS student blew me (and my family) away with their friendly welcome. It really is like a family over there and they did a great job of reassuring us before we interviewed. They were definitely the highlight of my interview weekend!

Couldn't agree more, shout out to the first year students!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sherbert said:

I've got to say, every single UWO DDS student blew me (and my family) away with their friendly welcome. It really is like a family over there and they did a great job of reassuring us before we interviewed. They were definitely the highlight of my interview weekend!

 

1 hour ago, Friendlyapplicant said:

Couldn't agree more, shout out to the first year students!

WAOWWW! Thanks guys we appreciate it...you've made our 8 hour occlusion wax up tomorrow that much bearable :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sherbert said:

I've got to say, every single UWO DDS student blew me (and my family) away with their friendly welcome. It really is like a family over there and they did a great job of reassuring us before we interviewed. They were definitely the highlight of my interview weekend!

Well said. Thanks a lot for making it much easier for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎01 at 1:15 PM, driller said:

I have a 88.5% GPA

AA: 22, PAT:17 and I completed my master.

I was really worried for my PAT score but I guess there was not a cut off for PAT! 

Does Western look at Master's gpa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Incisor94 said:

They look at your overall AA score. But I think IMO it’s the least weighted category of your score compared to GPA, ABS and interview.

Are GPA and ABS weighed more than the interview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, winner1 said:

Are GPA and ABS weighed more than the interview?

I’m not sure and anything i say is pure speculation but based on my experience and others in my class, interview and ABS trumps GPA and DAT. It’s been mentioned before that there is a shift to higher education applicants and people with diverse backgrounds make up our class. I think the interview really shows the admission committee who you are as a person and whether that would be a good fit for the incoming class hence why it may be weighted more heavily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Incisor94 said:

I’m not sure and anything i say is pure speculation but based on my experience and others in my class, interview and ABS trumps GPA and DAT. It’s been mentioned before that there is a shift to higher education applicants and people with diverse backgrounds make up our class. I think the interview really shows the admission committee who you are as a person and whether that would be a good fit for the incoming class hence why it may be weighted more heavily.

Are you able to speculate how they might evaluate the interviews? Assuming the interviewers are not a part of the admissions committee, how are they then able to assess who you are as a person without actually haven given the interviews themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ysoNaCly said:

Are you able to speculate how they might evaluate the interviews? Assuming the interviewers are not a part of the admissions committee, how are they then able to assess who you are as a person without actually haven given the interviews themselves. 

There is a process in place to ensure the interviewers can relay their feedback to the admissions committee to aid in their selection of the 56 students and ranking the waitlist. I don’t know how this is exactly done and even if I did, I don’t think I would be able to post it on the forum or tell people without seriously breaching Schulichs Code

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ysoNaCly said:

Are you able to speculate how they might evaluate the interviews? Assuming the interviewers are not a part of the admissions committee, how are they then able to assess who you are as a person without actually haven given the interviews themselves. 

Your question relates to practically every large scale interviewing process. I think you can use your judgment and make some educated guesses as to how this is done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sherbert said:

Is there any information on how many applicants were interviewed at UWO for this cycle? I overheard that on the first day, there were around 90, but I'm not sure about the total for the weekend.

We were expecting about 90 per day however more people interviewed on the Saturday than Sunday. We did have cancellations but I'm not sure on the exact number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sherbert said:

How much was waitlist movement last year? I heard that the year before, the WL moved 38 spots, so maybe there is hope lol. 

The Class of 2019 had about 25 people come off the waitlist, the class of 2020 had about 38 people but the class of 2021  didn’t even have the high waitlist clear. My guess is it moved about 15-16 spots and with UofT and a bunch of other schools releasing their acceptances early, I would anticipate even less movement this year. Then again, it could move a lot :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Incisor94 said:

The Class of 2019 had about 25 people come off the waitlist, the class of 2020 had about 38 people but the class of 2021  didn’t even have the high waitlist clear. My guess is it moved about 15-16 spots and with UofT and a bunch of other schools releasing their acceptances early, I would anticipate even less movement this year. Then again, it could move a lot :rolleyes:

I guess it could still move a little because of med schools, but nothing close to 30 spots 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sherbert said:

If you were to estimate, what percent of interviewees have interviewed at med/have med as their first choice? 

Honestly that is difficult to estimate. I would just say don’t worry about the wait list movement at this stage, wait until the results are released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...