Premed 101 Forums
ysoNaCly

Schulich Interview Invites 2018

On 4/10/2018 at 5:54 PM, ysoNaCly said:

No they just add a bonus to your file score regardless of whether you did a thesis or course based masters.

I assume that no bonus is awarded to 4th year thesis correct?

24 minutes ago, Flipperoni said:

How big is this bonus?

I doubt anyone knows. I'm just relaying information that was discussed earlier in this forum. Basically Western is favouring more holistic applicants including those with higher education. 

1 hour ago, Flipperoni said:

How big is this bonus?

I think the stats can answer that question to an extent. They favour master/PhD students so those who have completed degrees have a greater chance than an undergrad only applicant.

3 hours ago, Futur3 said:

Anyone know what week we should expect the results to come out?

52 minutes ago, Incisor94 said:

My educated guess says either the end of next week or the first week of May.

The information we got with our interview invites just said results will be out in May but I really hope they come out sooner!

7 minutes ago, Sherbert said:

I'm not quite sure when UofT deposits are due, but if there were some people who got accepted into UofT, who interviewed at Schulich, but later decide to go with UofT, that might help with waitlist movement/acceptances.

you thinking about the waitlist already before results are out bruh, stay positive you don't you if you are waitlisted just yet. 

6 minutes ago, risaac said:

you thinking about the waitlist already before results are out bruh, stay positive you don't you if you are waitlisted just yet. 

Thanks for the positive vibes m8. My cringe attacks following my interview haven't ceased lol I can't help it. Just gotta be optimistic I guess.

2 hours ago, ysoNaCly said:

The information we got with our interview invites just said results will be out in May but I really hope they come out sooner!

For perspective, our results last year came out earlier than expected. Wouldn’t be surprised if they did again this year! I’d say check student centre around 12:01am from next week to see if they’re outB)

On April 25, 2018 at 9:24 AM, winner1 said:

How does the waitlist ranking work ? Is there the high, normal and low waitlist rank, just like last year? 

Also wondering! Has anyone received an email with the high/low wailist wording or is this confidential this year?