Premed 101 Forums

Did MD/PhD acceptances come out yet?

1 minute ago, kirraea said:

i did hear on my interview day that one of the current students didnt get their offer until a day after her friends had, which understandably was anxiety inducing for her haha.

fingers crossed that's the case for us Q.Q

I like your style kirraea, an optimist! I'll hope for good news tomorrow. 

I know of another friend that got an offer today too! Remember that not matter the outcome you're all superstars and will ultimately reach your goals! Also keep in mind that MD/PhD is a small group and there will very likely be some movement and more offers going out over the next little while as people hear back from other schools!

On 2018-03-05 at 3:24 PM, MDToBeMaybe said:

I'm also waiting to hear from the MD/PhD program. For the moment, I'm hoping that no news is good news!

I thought they don’t send out rejection letters and that if you don’t hear back at all that means you didn’t get it? Or is this a no news is good news situation? 

Any updates on anyone who you know who might have gotten an acceptance to the MD/PhD program? How likely is it that they will send out acceptances like right on March 14th? Is the most likely week for acceptances this current week?

Kinda losing my mind from anxiety... Haha. :/

9 hours ago, Premed2100 said:

I thought they don’t send out rejection letters and that if you don’t hear back at all that means you didn’t get it? Or is this a no news is good news situation? 

They always send out rejection letters, just peppered throughout the “waiting period” we all go through. 

1 hour ago, IMislove said:

They always send out rejection letters, just peppered throughout the “waiting period” we all go through. 

I believe they don't send out rejection letters for MD/PhD interviewees though... From what I heard from adcom people. Interview for MD + interview for MD/PhD, followed by acceptance OR silence until May 8th for MD decisions, and then either acceptance, waitlist or rejection. To the best of my knowledge............ :/

7 hours ago, VladTheLad said:

I believe they don't send out rejection letters for MD/PhD interviewees though... From what I heard from adcom people. Interview for MD + interview for MD/PhD, followed by acceptance OR silence until May 8th for MD decisions, and then either acceptance, waitlist or rejection. To the best of my knowledge............ :/

For some reason I thought we were talking about MD interviews lol. My bad.

8 hours ago, VeronicaMars said:

I believe all the acceptances for MD/PhD have come out. I emailed and they said they will send rejections early next week. I got rejected. And now we wait until May 8th. 

Are you certain all the MD/PhD offers have been sent out? Is that what they said in their email? :(

I believe that is what she had implied from the email. There is always the chance they may still send out more offers. I know it's sad to not receive an offer, but the odds are always better for just the MD program alone. I hope we all have a good chance at that. I do not think they can right out say that they sent out all the offers. But she did say they will be sending rejections early next week. 

Archived