Premed 101 Forums

Written portion

Hi guys,

I'm interviewing tomorrow and I had a question about the written component.

Are we just given a passage to summarize? Or are we expected to summarize but add our own analysis like themes, perspectives of the writing piece? Also approximately how long is it?

Thanks, anything would help!

On Schulich's website it says "Each candidate who is invited for interview is required to complete a short written component to the interview where they are asked to read and summarize a passage according to instructions." So that's literally all it is :) Nothing to worry about!

1 hour ago, _gettingthere_ said:

Does anyone know how important the written section is? I messed up and it timed out while I was still typing mid-sentence. I didn't hit all the points I wanted to hit. Really freaking out.

It said it was pass/fail and the requirements to pass were listed. It basically tested whether you can follow simple instructions/are literate. I thought a pass is required for an acceptance since it was pretty straight forward but I may be wrong.

Even if you were timed out mid sentence, as long as you were almost done the summary, it's probably fine.

Archived