Premed 101 Forums

Decision day

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck tomorrow everyone! I was in your shoes last year and I hope it works out for all of you! Vancouver is amazing and it is a place I want to return to one day! For those who go there, you will love it!!!(Minus how expensive it is :P)

7 minutes ago, apple_med said:

I picked SMP as my first choice too! Sent you a pm by the way. 

Yay! I really hope we get in!!

I’ve been playing this terrible procrastination game where I’m either looking at housing choices for my med school city options, jobs in my hometown, or puppies. 

My fiancé is worried about the puppies :lol:

3 minutes ago, Koopatroopa said:

I’ve been playing this terrible procrastination game where I’m either looking at housing choices for my med school city options, jobs in my hometown, or puppies. 

Puppies solve all problems. Mine is cuddling with me now while I nurse this beer. 

20 minutes ago, apple_med said:

Puppies solve all problems. Mine is cuddling with me now while I nurse this beer. 

I’ve moved to drinking takara plum wine to up the alcohol percentage. Also smothering my dog right now. She’s like my big, fat, fluffy, comfort pillow.

36 minutes ago, Koopatroopa said:

#truth 

which campus did you pick as first choice?

I picked smp (not just for the wine.... maybe)

VFMP!!!!!!

24 minutes ago, Koopatroopa said:

Same here. Moving is giving me anxiety. My fiancée would move with me, but hope we can just stay at home! It’ll be easier for my dog too!!!

18 minutes ago, Butterfly_ said:

I’ve moved to drinking takara plum wine to up the alcohol percentage. Also smothering my dog right now. She’s like my big, fat, fluffy, comfort pillow.

VFMP!!!!!!

Same here. Moving is giving me anxiety. My fiancée would move with me, but hope we can just stay at home! It’ll be easier for my dog too!!!

I’ll have to move regardless of where I get in. But getting into smp means moving twice. And leaving my fiancé, dogs and house. At least for now. 

And the Vancouver rental market has me sticker shocked lol.   

Im just praying for ubc tomorrow. It’s my first choice by far - to any campus! 

6 minutes ago, Koopatroopa said:

I’ll have to move regardless of where I get in. But getting into smp means moving twice. And leaving my fiancé, dogs and house. At least for now. 

And the Vancouver rental market has me sticker shocked lol.   

Im just praying for ubc tomorrow. It’s my first choice by far - to any campus! 

True. Vancouver rental is insane. Luckily I live with parents with my fiancée. Rental in Kelowna is much more reasonable!!

Really hope we all get in!!!

*fingers crossed*

8 minutes ago, this_process_is_death said:

Not sure where I read this, but I think it was something like 70 people?

Huh that's what I guessed it would be. UBC doesn't have a lot of waitlist movement either. Last year only 311 offers were made compared to 288 spots. So assuming they don't over offer, that's only 23 offers from the waitlist.

2 minutes ago, Persephone said:

Huh that's what I guessed it would be. UBC doesn't have a lot of waitlist movement either. Last year only 311 offers were made compared to 288 spots. So assuming they don't over offer, that's only 23 offers from the waitlist.

Keep in mind that most of the waitlist movement is for OOP applicants 

Archived