Premed 101 Forums

Dalhousie Pharmacy Applicants 2017/2018

codo00191

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CC529 said:

Hi all, do you guys know how many people located in the Maritimes get an interview and how many people outside of Maritimes get an interview?

Im not sure but normally Dalhousie has preferred seats for maritime residents especially nb and ns because its a maritime school. However i would look at the site sometimes they have stats on previous years

I got a call yesterday as well! I am in first year sciences with GPA of 3.85/4.3 :) 

Does anyone know how they evaluate the final acceptance? (for example, if they look at your gpa more than interview or not)

And if so, would your second semester grade (current grade) matter for the final acceptance?

Anyways, congrats to all of you who got the call and good luck at the interview :)))

7 hours ago, ____ said:

I got a call yesterday as well! I am in first year sciences with GPA of 3.85/4.3 :) 

Does anyone know how they evaluate the final acceptance? (for example, if they look at your gpa more than interview or not)

And if so, would your second semester grade (current grade) matter for the final acceptance?

Anyways, congrats to all of you who got the call and good luck at the interview :)))

Normally the interview is worth quite a good chunk of your acceptance decision. Also normally they will get you to send in another transcript after you finish that semester as their acceptances are in july. (Going based off what the med schools do and their website)

10 hours ago, ____ said:

From other posts I've seen on this forum, people say that the admissions breakdown is 60% GPA and 40% Interview, though I'm not sure if this still holds true. 
As far as your second-semester grades go, I'm not sure if they count or not.  I'd guess they do count since they need to consider all your pre-req classes (but I really don't know).

1 hour ago, FrAcTiOn said:

Does anyone know if all the calls went out?

For those that got a call, when you go under your application summary on the Dal website what does it say under "decision"?

Mine just says "written notification to follow".

I think the application will continue to say "written notification to follow" until they make the final decision in June of whether you get accepted or not. 

1 hour ago, CC529 said:

Have any of your guys done the MMI in previous years?

For those that got an interview, are any of you guys interested in starting a group to discuss health related issues that might be potentially on the MMI?

I have done MMI's for medical school but not pharmacy. I would be interested in joinging a group to go over current medical issues.

9 hours ago, CC529 said:

Have any of your guys done the MMI in previous years?

For those that got an interview, are any of you guys interested in starting a group to discuss health related issues that might be potentially on the MMI?

Going over health related issues definitely helps, but other things are more important.  They don't want to know how knowledgeable you are on the subject matter, but rather how you are as a person. 

9 hours ago, heyhellohi said:

Going over health related issues definitely helps, but other things are more important.  They don't want to know how knowledgeable you are on the subject matter, but rather how you are as a person. 

9 hours ago, heyhellohi said:

I have done MMI before and I want to echo this sentiment. It’s not impossible to prepare for an MMI-style interview, but underneath the topics they really just want to know who you are.

On 3/22/2018 at 6:04 AM, infctrl said:

I have done MMI before and I want to echo this sentiment. It’s not impossible to prepare for an MMI-style interview, but underneath the topics they really just want to know who you are.

On 3/21/2018 at 8:51 PM, heyhellohi said:

I see! Thanks for giving me new insight to the MMI!

Archived