Premed 101 Forums

Dalhousie Pharmacy Applicants 2017/2018

codo00191

10 minutes ago, MEDicine98 said:

I got my acceptance email yesterday! I finished second year with a 3.95 GPA and this was my first time applying. 

Does anyone know roughly how many people applied back in February? 

I think i read somewhere that there were about 200 interviewed but idk how many applied

27 minutes ago, BeepBeepJeep said:

Is anybody still waiting to hear? 

Yes! Still waiting. When I spoke to Kaylon (admissions) a few weeks ago she said emails would be sent out by the 28th. They are generally sent out in waves. I'm not sure what order they go in, though. 

I'm checking my phone like crazy and praying they have the correct email address, haha! 

17 hours ago, Pharma1999 said:

Does anyone know how the waitlist order goes? So if you get waitlisted and find out the first day they started sending out emails does that mean you’re at the top of the waitlist or is it random? 

I'm pretty sure it is in a random order.  Overall, everything they send out is in a random order (acceptances, rejections, waitlisters).  But this is just what I think; just like everyone else, not 100% certain.  

If you really want to know, you can call and ask. (btw: if you are on the waitlist, congrats!)

13 hours ago, MEDicine98 said:

Those who weren't already attending Dal, what are you doing for living arrangements?

I just got an apartment in the south end of Halifax. I would consider starting to look right now if you are looking for a place close enough that you can walk! 

17 hours ago, MEDicine98 said:

Is anyone looking for a roommate? I’m not from Dal and don’t know anyone in pharmacy so I’m kind of panicking :( don’t want to live alone. 

You could check Kijiji. There are always people looking for a roommate. I got a roommate that way one year.

• 9 months later...