Premed 101 Forums

[deleted]

medmedmed132

42 minutes ago, t0ny said:

With regards to electives, McGill provides their students with the most amount of elective-rotation weeks relative to other Canadian schools, so that is a massive positive. 

Is this true? How does Sask and UBC have so many elective weeks? 

5ab6afc2e568a_ScreenShot2018-03-24at4_06_13PM.png.2d39a283a83b20e1ea9c968381aef220.png

42 minutes ago, la marzocco said:

Possible that it’s classified under “selectives”?

Selectives and electives are two completely different things. Selective are technically part of your mandatory rotations. For example, when you're doing your IM core, you get to choose which specialties you want to focus on. All selectives are done at the home school. The number of weeks of mandatories and selectives indicated are correct. These are done during M3. In addition to those, there are 16 weeks of electives in 4th year.

29 minutes ago, MD.VA said:

Selectives and electives are two completely different things. Selective are technically part of your mandatory rotations. For example, when you're doing your IM core, you get to choose which specialties you want to focus on. All selectives are done at the home school. The number of weeks of mandatories and selectives indicated are correct. These are done during M3. In addition to those, there are 16 weeks of electives in 4th year.

That table also makes it look like westerns clerkship is shorter overall... I'm assuming that's wrong?

1 hour ago, Comprehensible said:

That table also makes it look like westerns clerkship is shorter overall... I'm assuming that's wrong?

Yes, 16 weeks too short. I'm not sure about any other schools, but this alone makes me question the source.

Archived