Premed 101 Forums

Last year I received my offer on May 5th. This was a few weeks later than previous years. I believe that this was the first round of offers and that there were more rounds of offers sent out afterwards! 

If you have any more questions about U of A OT I’d be happy to answer them, if I can! :) 

11 minutes ago, saskOT2019 said:

Last year I received my offer on May 5th. This was a few weeks later than previous years. I believe that this was the first round of offers and that there were more rounds of offers sent out afterwards! 

If you have any more questions about U of A OT I’d be happy to answer them, if I can! :) 

Did you get an waitlist offer last year? Do you mind sharing your GPA?

Just now, OThopeful18 said:

I was not waitlisted last year. I believe that I was offered a seat in the first round of offers. I actually don’t know what my gpa was for U of A since my grades were in percentages and then were converted to a gpa, but I can tell you that my orpas gpa was calculated as 3.78, which I felt was low when compared to others on this forum, but ended up being quite competitive. I’m also a Saskatchewan student (the sask gov funds seats at the u of a) so I was in a different pool of applicants than most of the other students.  

4 minutes ago, OThopeful18 said:

I was, however, waitlisted the year before and I can tell you that I was told that typically around half of the students on the wait list are ultimately admitted into the program. 

4 hours ago, OkanaganOT said:

I think I read somewhere that they are mid-May

On their website is says that the first round of admissions is completed around mid-May, which I thought meant that offers had to be accepted by then rather than offers were sent out then. The website also says that application review begins ~March 1, which makes me think that offers would come out sooner than mid-may.

• 1 month later...

Hey! I was just wondering if you or anyone had found anything more out about when the first round of offers would be coming out or if you had heard anything from U of A at all yet? Now that people are getting acceptances from other schools I'm getting a bit antsy to find out if I'll be accepted to U of A as I haven't heard anything yet 

1 hour ago, TobaOTHopeful said:

So have only waitlist offers gone out or has anyone received an acceptance or rejection? In the past I thought acceptances came out first so I'm a bit concerned that I've heard nothing. Do you guys think acceptance letters might be released tomorrow? 

That's what i thought as well. Hopefully we'll hear back this upcoming week. I am a BC resident, so probably they are sending them by province? 

Archived