Premed 101 Forums

On 4/30/2018 at 10:31 AM, Friedchicken said:

Got acceptance letter this morning (IP). Status still says prescreening/awaiting decision on the application if anyone's wondering.

All the best to those awaiting a response! 

Hi, since you're in province did you / are you going to drop off the acceptance form in person or are you going to mail it? I went in and handed it to a lady at the front desk today but she was busy talking to someone else and just took the form and said she'd hand it over to the individuals whose name is on the letter.. I'm kind of worried because she didn't even look at the letter so I'm hoping it doesn't make a difference that I gave it in person with the check attached with a paper clip to the form as opposed to emailing it.. Don't really see why it'd matter but just need some reassurance..

2 hours ago, Student337 said:

Hi, since you're in province did you / are you going to drop off the acceptance form in person or are you going to mail it? I went in and handed it to a lady at the front desk today but she was busy talking to someone else and just took the form and said she'd hand it over to the individuals whose name is on the letter.. I'm kind of worried because she didn't even look at the letter so I'm hoping it doesn't make a difference that I gave it in person with the check attached with a paper clip to the form as opposed to emailing it.. Don't really see why it'd matter but just need some reassurance..

Unfortunately I'm in Calgary and ended up expediting my letter. But I'm sure they know what they're doing if it's the correct office. They're probably used to people dropping it off. 

Did anyone else's acceptance letter say "If you don't confirm by September 5, 2017 your spot will be given to another applicant"? This date is obviously incorrect, so I was thinking about emailing to see what it should actually be because I don't want to accidentally miss a deadline. I thought I'd check first to see if anyone had received a letter without this mistake and knew what the correct date was.

21 minutes ago, MultipleMeltdowns said:

Did anyone else's acceptance letter say "If you don't confirm by September 5, 2017 your spot will be given to another applicant"? This date is obviously incorrect, so I was thinking about emailing to see what it should actually be because I don't want to accidentally miss a deadline. I thought I'd check first to see if anyone had received a letter without this mistake and knew what the correct date was.

Yes mine did too, but the letter you have to submit should say May 14th, 2018. 

I was wondering if there are any past/current students in the program that can comment on getting into the Calgary campus.

More specifically what did you write to get in OR also for those that didn't get a spot when they wanted to go Calgary (if that happens?), why do you think that is? 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, UOFAOT13 said:

Wondering if there is a facebook group made for the 2020 cohort by either a student or orientation committee member? 

The committee is working on putting one together! An email should be sent out by the department with the link once it’s ready.

13 minutes ago, hopefulOT124 said:

Hi everyone! Does anyone know when people from the wait list will start hearing back?... I was told the end of May but would anyone happen to know a certain date? This waiting game is driving me insane! 

I think once ORPAS decisions are released on May 18th, waitlist movements can be expected. I can understand how frustrating it is to wait. All the best.

Archived