Premed 101 Forums

LMCC Part II studying resources

Hello guys, as LMCC II exam takes place in October 2018, I would like to get a head start for preparation. 

I wonder if anyone could share any good studying resources?  Q-banks? Toronto Notes? Osce book?

Do people practice in small groups for physical exam+ history taking? If anyone could share any studying tips, it would be greatly appreciated. How long do people prepare for it? What kind of courses + study guides did you use? The objectives remain the same ones as for LMCC part I?

The exam is so costly, that makes one want to ace it with flying colours and not go back again lol.

10 minutes ago, LittleDaisy said:

Hello guys, as LMCC II exam takes place in October 2018, I would like to get a head start for preparation. 

I wonder if anyone could share any good studying resources?  Q-banks? Toronto Notes? Osce book?

Do people practice in small groups for physical exam+ history taking? If anyone could share any studying tips, it would be greatly appreciated. How long do people prepare for it? What kind of courses + study guides did you use? The objectives remain the same ones as for LMCC part I?

The exam is so costly, that makes one want to ace it with flying colours and not go back again lol.

Your school/senior year didn't hand you a "package" of everything you needed? I would say those are extremely valuable and almost a must have for someone doing the exam. 

The objectives are shown online - somewhat different and there are some predictable patterns in the questions asked. 

In terms of practice approaches, everyone studies and learns differently. I studied cases alone, practising them alone out loud. PE is less of a focus (at least 2 years ago) than hx taking, interpreting findings, and management plans...maybe someone who did the exam more recently can chime in.

2 hours ago, DermJuly2018PGY1 said:

Thanks @shikimate what should I study for the LMCC1 then? what is the US test version?

LMCC1 = easy version of Step 2 CK since CK is heavy on IM. Study peds/ob/psych for LMCC

as a derm corollary, they are like eccrine spiradenoma and apocrine spiradenoma, kinda the same but not the same, but more or less the way to tackle both is the same.

58 minutes ago, shikimate said:

LMCC1 = easy version of Step 2 CK since CK is heavy on IM. Study peds/ob/psych for LMCC

I guess studying Step 2 CK won't help me as much considering the LMCC1 is heavy on peds/ob/psych, eh?

58 minutes ago, shikimate said:

as a derm corollary, they are like eccrine spiradenoma and apocrine spiradenoma, kinda the same but not the same, but more or less the way to tackle both is the same.

you in derm? :D

For what it's worth, I found Mike Kirlew's podcasts helpful, particularly for the acute management stations - they're geared towards how to do well on the LMCC and it's a 4 part series available here: http://siouxlookoutareadocs.libsyn.com/webpage/category/general/page/4/size/10

There are also CCFP podcasts, which I can't vouch for because I'm not in family med, but I found that listening to the LMCC podcasts over the few weeks before were a helpful addition to my studying. 

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎19 at 1:38 PM, rmorelan said:

Your school/senior year didn't hand you a "package" of everything you needed? I would say those are extremely valuable and almost a must have for someone doing the exam. 

The objectives are shown online - somewhat different and there are some predictable patterns in the questions asked. 

I second this, if you don't have it ask around to other residents.  I sort of assumed everyone had this I have no idea how you would approach studying without it.  Probably very inefficiently lol

• 6 months later...

hello, I'll be doing LMCC 2 at the end of the month. Still haven't started studying and starting to stress out a little. Haven't heard of a package to prepare for the exam. What does it include?  also, I"ve noticed that the MCC seems to have changed the format of the exam .... we will be the first one experimenting this new version....   thanks 

On 10/8/2018 at 9:22 PM, damn 66 said:

hello, I'll be doing LMCC 2 at the end of the month. Still haven't started studying and starting to stress out a little. Haven't heard of a package to prepare for the exam. What does it include?  also, I"ve noticed that the MCC seems to have changed the format of the exam .... we will be the first one experimenting this new version....   thanks 

Hey I have been using MCQEE part II question bank on Qbank, it is around 45$ for 1 month, but I think that it is well worth it given how much we paid for the actual exam. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived