Premed 101 Forums

MD PhD Acceptances

allomoncoco

20 minutes ago, 20206111 said:

My friend got accepted as well. The 2 spots are filled! 

12 minutes ago, dreamteam22 said:

I don’t believe there’s a quota of 2 for the program 

I spoke with a current MD/PhD student prior to interview and was told that there can be up to 4 spots available each year (enough funding to support up to 4 PhDs). From what I understood, the issue is that many applicants meet the PhD requirements, but are not approved by the Med admission committee and therefore are not accepted into the MD/PhD program. Hope that this information is accurate and that there are 2 more spots available (or more if there is more funding? :lol:) for applicants to the MD/PhD program :) 

4 minutes ago, Xin said:

I spoke with a current MD/PhD student prior to interview and was told that there can be up to 4 spots available each year (enough funding to support up to 4 PhDs). From what I understood, the issue is that many applicants meet the PhD requirements, but are not approved by the Med admission committee and therefore are not accepted into the MD/PhD program. Hope that this information is accurate and that there are 2 more spots available (or more if there is more funding? :lol:) for applicants to the MD/PhD program :) 

I was told that there is no limit to the MD/PhD quota - they are supernumeracy from MD enrolment's perspective.

On 3/22/2018 at 11:00 AM, Xin said:

Did anyone get the rejection yet? I am still waiting...I tried to call but didn't get a response.

3 hours ago, allomoncoco said:

Did anyone get the rejection yet? I am still waiting...I tried to call but didn't get a response.

I am not sure how it works, but if you are not accepted to the MD/PHD stream, can you still be considered for MD? Maybe you will find out your results then?

2 hours ago, Vendar said:

I am not sure how it works, but if you are not accepted to the MD/PHD stream, can you still be considered for MD? Maybe you will find out your results then?

@allomoncoco Yeah it's possible that you are put on the MD/PhD waitlist, or rejected by the PhD committee and will be put in the MD stream to be considered for Monday's results!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...